Many guitarists and musicians alike face a huge dilemma between acoustic and electric guitars, based on music genre and performance venue. Both of them have their own set of advantages and disadvantages, which are important to analyze for an optimal buying decision. Acoustic guitars have very organic and beautiful sounds that are definitely an advantage in some music genres.
Electric guitars can produce larger sounds since it’s attached to loudspeakers. This makes it much more attractive for use in concerts and large venues. Both types do have their own set of pros and cons. However, what if we tell you that there’s a hybrid, an acoustic-electric guitar that retains the positive aspects of each type?
The Best Acoustic Electric Guitars Under 500 is a special type of guitar that many musicians increasingly prefer. Though it looks the same as an acoustic guitar, there is a significant difference between the two. A Best Acoustic Electric Guitars Under 500 guitar is equipped with an electric pickup, due to which the sound is amplified exponentially.
The electric pickup acts as a bridge between the guitar and the amplifier, pedals, and guitar processors. These connections provide the necessary conditions which allow the desired sound to be produced. In many ways, Best Acoustic Electric Guitars Under 500 guitars are the perfect hybrid for producing that unique acoustic sound but exponentially amplified.
Best Acoustic Electric Guitars Under 500 – Buying Guide
Durability, the quality of the material and amplifiers, and the sound and volume quality should not be compromised at all. These are crucial features that have to be considered properly when buying the best acoustic electric guitars under 500. Acoustic-electric guitars arrive in different sizes, brands, and designs.
Factors You Need to Look For in Best Acoustic Electric Guitars Under 500
In this section, we’ll take you through a concise breakdown of important factors to prioritize while buying the best acoustic electric guitars under 500.
- Sound and Volume Quality: Sound quality is of paramount importance when looking for the good best acoustic electric guitars under 500 guitars. Different guitars produce different types of sounds, which depend on factors like the quality of the wood and electric pickups. So, it depends on what type of sound you would like and thus, what kind of music you play.
If you know that, it makes it easier for you to narrow down the list of acoustic-electric guitars. Also, if you’re looking to perform in a public venue like a concert, you may want to choose a high-volume guitar. If you play for yourself or in very small circles, you might not even need the best acoustic electric guitars under 500.
- Quality of Wood: The quality of the wood can play a high role in giving the guitar its unique sound. So, you should give prime importance to what wood material your guitar is made of. Spruce which grows mainly in the temperate regions of the world is the ideal one because of the wonderful sounds it produces. Also, it’s always an added advantage if the wood is ecologically sustainable.
- Portability: Guitars are musical instruments that are quite popular for their portability. Since they are required to be carried from one place to another easily, the portability feature should be considered properly. If they’re too heavy, they can be hard to carry and can quickly become liabilities.
- Aesthetics and Design: It’s important to give attention to the aesthetics and design structure of the best acoustic electric guitars under 500. After all, it’s fulfilling to have an acoustic-electric guitar that looks really good on your lap. The design of the guitar can also have an important role in determining the types of musical sounds produced.
- Durability: Guitars should be durable because they’re investments that you’ll have to use for quite a long time. Therefore, it’s crucial that you look for guitars that can last for a longer time. This can help you save time and money too. If guitars get spoilt easily, it can get frustrating to either get them repaired or get a new one.
All these features are important equally. Also, the features aren’t independent; they can influence the intensity of each other. For example, the quality of the wood material can have a tremendous impact on the durability of the guitar.
Best Acoustic Electric Guitars Under 500 Reviews
Since we’ve gone through some features important for selecting the right guitar, we can review the best acoustic electric guitars. We will explain why these guitars are the best in the market and why you should buy them.
Ample care has been taken to ensure that important factors like wood and sound quality are factored into this analysis.
Ibanez is a well-established Japanese guitar brand that is based in Nagoya, Aichi. The company is much reputed within the industry and is known for providing quality products. The brand manufactures electric guitars, acoustic guitars, bass guitars, amps, effects, pedals, and other accessories such as picks, humbuckers, straps, and guitar humidifiers which are great for increasing the life of guitars, and tuners.
This specific guitar: Ibanez AW54CEOPN has a body made of mahogany material on the top, sides, back, and neck. For this price point and the brilliant sound quality, it is one of the best acoustic electric guitars for under 500 dollars. This guitar is part of the Artwood series created by Ibanez. It was specifically designed to follow in the footsteps of classical acoustic guitars while also adding modern accouterments required in today’s guitars.
This is a beautiful guitar with softwood that makes a very warm and vibrant sound. It’s without a doubt one of the best rated acoustic electric guitars under 500. Read on about its features to get to know whether this is a guitar that fits your requirements.
- The guitar has stunning, solid visuals with a nice open pore natural finish that shows off the mahogany’s woodgrain.
- Another aesthetically pleasing feature is the black and white multi-rosette cutaway.
- The mahogany wood is really beautiful and provides plenty of warmth and amazing sound.
- The guitar has a phase switch for decreasing feedback and also an onboard tuner that is very user-friendly.
- The rosewood bridge and fretboard are great to play and quite easy on the fingers.
- The product comes in a nice Ibanez box packaging, and they also provide you strings which customers have praised for their durability.
- There’s a plastic layer under the sticker to protect the wood. This detail is carefully thought out, and you can remove the plastic after peeling off the sticker.
Fender is an American musical instruments company that manufactures acoustic guitars, electric guitars, bass guitars, and amplifiers. It’s a highly reputable brand that has thrived in the industry since it was founded in the 40s. Let’s take a quick look at the features of this specific product Fender FA-235E.
This is one of the best acoustic electric guitars for under 500 dollars. It is made of mahogany and has a pleasing burst of lilac color in the middle, with a nice shade of black around the edges. It is part of the Fender Alternative series. The guitars in this series are specifically designed to suit the beginner guitarist who is also looking for an affordable but quality option.
There are so many products that don’t do what they claim to in ads. But in this case, many customers have commended the guitar for fulfilling its purpose as a beginner-friendly guitar. It’s safe to say it is one of the best acoustic electric guitars under 500.
- This guitar has a crisp sound that resonates beautifully, even when it’s not amped.
- The finish and construction are impeccable with mahogany back and sides.
- The guitar has a concert body style. A concert body is smaller than a dreadnought-style guitar.
- Its concert body is perfect for a quiet session and playing solo mostly.
- It has a laminated flame maple top which provides better tone and note clarity.
- This guitar is very easy on the fingertips, and you can spread your fingers across the fret without any hassle.
- The steel strings are great and produce a bright, loud sound.
Gretsch is an American company founded back in 1883 that produces musical instruments. Its products include a wide variety of acoustic and electric guitars, resonator guitars, ukuleles, basses, and drum kits. Gretsch is in much demand in the market as the brand has amazing quality control and strives to provide consumers with the best quality.
The product Gretsch G9520E is of amazing build quality, and it sounds great without plugging and even better when plugged in. It has a combination of wonderful features that easily makes it one of the best acoustic electric classical guitars under 500. It has a classic look inspired by the Gretsch Rex parlor guitars from back in the day.
The Smokestack Black finish is impeccable, and the entire body is finely crafted with basswood material and X-bracing. The basswood makes the guitar soft and lends well to its lightweight structure. Read on further to get a deeper look into its various features and understand why it’s recommended as one of the best acoustic electric guitars under 500.
- The soundhole pickup is great and beautifully produces an amplified, crisp, and throaty voice.
- The X-bracing and the basswood body is fantastic for creating a powerful, resonant sound.
- The 12-inch radius walnut fingerboard is incredibly smooth to play on.
- It also has 18 vintage-style frets that are somewhat small and narrow but great for playability.
- It features a synthetic bone saddle that sounds way better than those inexpensive plastic saddles.
- The Nato scale neck is a really perfect substitute for mahogany. The strong wood is quite suitable for beginners as well.
- The nickel hardware in this guitar provides a very warm, natural-looking finish, rather than the shiny one in Chrome’s case.
- It also features a white and gold soundhole rosette with double-line top striping in gold.
Ibanez is a highly reputed guitar company that is headquartered in Nagoya, Japan. This brand strives to provide consumers with top-quality musical instruments. The company designs and sells acoustic guitars, bass guitars, as well as electric guitars, and amps, along with other guitar accessories including tuners, picks, and straps.
This particular product Ibanez GA35TCEDVS is easily one of the best acoustic electric guitars under 500. Its construction is that of brilliant mahogany wood that’s ideal for durability and resonant sound. Visually, it is stunning, and many customers have commended its aesthetically pleasing look.
Its Thinline design will be just perfect as a campfire guitar and also comfortable to lounge on a couch and play recreationally. The price point is fantastic while still delivering quality sound. What more can you ask for? Consider purchasing this guitar to own one of the best acoustic electric guitars for under 500 dollars!
- This guitar is a little bit smaller and way more slender than the usual acoustic guitar you’ll encounter.
- Its thin nylon string makes it super comfortable for use by anyone, including finger stylists and flat pickers.
- The deep brown finish is fantastic. Its appearance is even better due to the high-quality spruce wood top and mahogany back and sides.
- Songwriters and performers much prefer this combination of spruce top and mahogany body because this combo provides warm lows and well-defined highs, leaving a lot of space in the mid-range for your vocals.
- The Ibanez AEQ21OT preamp and the onboard Fishman Sonicore pickup, when plugged in, produce amazing sound.
- The smaller size than most acoustic guitars makes it suitable for guitarists of all sizes.
- The fretboard is great. The detail that went into making the circle inlay of the 7th fret shine brighter than the rest is excellent. This detail is impressive because the 7th is heavily referenced in multiple songs and for it to stand out better than the other frets is a commendable design.
Takamine guitars are a staple for any musician. It is undoubtedly the best acoustic electric guitars under 500.
- The EF341SC Dreadnought forms a part of the Pro series of Takamine guitars. The Pro series has been a favorite among musicians for several decades. It is specially handcrafted and has been well rated for the last five decades.
- The solid cedar top facilitates any genre be it soft, mellow songs to powerful metal cords. Hence this aspect of versatility naturally makes it a well-rated guitar among musicians.
- The back and sides of the electric guitar are of maple. This provides a perfect reflector to the soundboard. This produces a naturally mellow and warm reverb of the tune played.
- The maple back and sides have a stylish gloss black finish as well. This forms an ideal stage aesthetic for performers. It has both great sound quality and style under stage lights.
- The guitar is an electric guitar, but it has a traditional dovetail joint of mahogany. This provides stability to the neck of the guitar. It also comes with a beautiful rosewood fingerboard.
- The guitar also comes with the Takamine Pathetic pickup. The pickup has a reputation in the music industry as one of the best pickups. It is known for its accuracy and natural sound.
- It further comes with the CT4B preamp. The preamp is also reputed for its warm natural tone and has enjoyed favor among various artists.
- The preamp is also credited to elevate the sound of the guitar from a soft acoustic to a high sound pressure level.
- With all the superior sound quality and pizzazz of the guitar, it can be called the best rated acoustic electric guitar under 500.
There are more pros than cons to the Takamine EF341SC Dreadnought and it can rightly be put up at the top of the list of the best acoustic electric guitars under 500.
Fender is one of the classic guitar companies that have enjoyed mass appeal. They have been in business for several decades and have not once been disappointed. With affordable guitars and wonderful sound, they easily have the best acoustic electric guitar under 500.
- The Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought guitar has the Dreadnought cutaway body style. This allows the guitarist an easy grip as the guitar fits perfectly in their arms. It aids in various performance positions be it standing or sitting.
- The cutaway body style also affords the guitarist easy access to the upper fret. This is mainly helpful for beginners or amateurs but is equally liked by professionals.
- The guitar also boasts a built-in tuner. It has easy playability and a great tone. The tuner saves one the hassle of the need for a different tuner. Thus, it has great sound quality and elevates it further.
- The back and sides are made of mahogany. Not only does this make it a comfortable fit for the guitarist but it also adds to the stylistic features of the guitar. It is indeed the best acoustic electric guitar for under 500 dollars.
- The neck of the guitar is sturdy. This affords a better grip on the guitar while performing on stage. It is easy to play.
- The guitar also has a rolled fingerboard. This facilitates an amateur guitarist to play well without needing to pay a lot of attention to the technique.
- The neck also gives a wonderful fret-to-hand feel. This makes it an ideal guitar for beginners as well as for professionals.
- The mahogany top of the guitar with an alluring grain pattern responds well to any acoustic style. The warm and rich tones of the wood reverberate the sound of an acoustic style tremendously.
- Acoustic styles of variations such as Flatpicking; or the extent of hard strumming of powerful chords to delicate fingerpicking go in style with the mahogany of the guitar.
The features of the guitar consider beginners and are equally enjoyed by professionals in the industry. Hence it is no surprise that this guitar is the best acoustic electric guitar under 500 and is also the best rated acoustic electric guitar under 500.
Washburn is a relatively newer name in the guitar industry. This does not, however, negate the growing mass appeal for Washburn guitars. In due time it may supersede other well-known companies in the list of the best acoustic electric guitar under 500.
- The Washburn C5CE is from the Classical Series of the company. This series has seen popularity in the last couple of years for its versatility.
- The top of the guitar is made of spruce wood. Spruce is top-quality guitar wood sought after by professionals for its sound quality and tonality. It is an ideal wood quality for too or even for the soundboard.
- The spruce is not only of amazing tone and sound. It is light in color and maybe grainy sometimes and goes perfectly with the acoustic aesthetic of performers. However, It may be considered plain by people who prefer gloss guitar tops.
- The back and sides are of Catalpa wood, a rival wood for spruce for guitars. While it works well as a top wood, the tonewood quality is amazing. The sound of the guitar has a natural reverb due to this
- The neck is of mahogany wood, facilitating a study grip on the sleek neck. This forms ideal stability for guitar performers.
- The fingerboard and bridge are made of rosewood. Not only does it allow for a delicate hand to fret sense, but it also shows off an acoustic style. The nylon strings on the rosewood bridge reverberate to form a natural reverb. Thus the sound is of immense value.
- The guitar sports a natural finish. This only adds to the acoustic sense and style of the guitar. With the sound and tone and the stylistic finish, Washburn guitars are indeed the best acoustic electric guitar under 500.
Hence, with the superior wood and sound quality Washburn may as well top the list for the best acoustic electric classical guitar under 500. It will not be a surprise to find that Washburn also forms a commendable spot for the best 12-string acoustic electric guitar under 500.
Ibanez, like Washburn, is of late becoming a household name for guitarists and musicians. It may not be the best acoustic electric guitar under 500 yet. But with the products, it won’t be long till it gets added to a list of the best acoustic electric guitar under 500.
- The Ibanez guitar is made of Sapele wood. It is lightweight compared to most acoustic guitars of the same size. This is ideal for beginners who may not be used to playing the guitar.
- The wood is hard and easy to carve and is a popular choice for guitar makers. The neck is made of Sapele wood, enhancing the grip of the guitarist on the guitar. It is affordable and may make it the best acoustic electric classical guitar under 500.
- The Ibanez AEG62 features a Sapele construction. This gives a rich, bottomless, and low-end cut to the guitar. It also has a lively midrange.
- The guitar has a graceful cut that allows one to reach the higher notes in the neck easily. This facilitates beginners to play smoothly without straining too much.
- The guitar also comes with an AEQ TTS preamp of nyatoh wood. Since nyatoh wood is heavy and a block of warm wood, it has a rich reverb and sound quality. However, it is a heavy 2ood and is not advisable for long hours of practice.
- The preamp comes with an easy-to-read LCD. It also has easy tone control and a wide variety of sounds to choose from.
- The knob of the AEQ TTS is easy to use and has an extent of a low powerful tone to a high and crisp tone.
The Ibanez AEG62 guitar is easily the best acoustic electric guitar for under 500 dollars. It has amazing stylistic features and finishes and wonderful sound quality. With its affordability and quality within an easy-to-purchase and read preamp, it won’t be long till it tops the list for the best 12-string acoustic electric guitar under 500.
Ibanez is a brand that is becoming a more and more staple in the guitar and music industry. They have been well-liked for more than two decades and continue to grow. Ibanez is indeed the best acoustic-electric guitar under 500.
- The guitar has a compact body and a relatively slim neck. This facilitates easy playability for guitarists. It makes a perfect fit for performers.
- The guitar top, soundboard, body, and back are made of Sapele wood. This has resulted in an ever-enriched sound, making even the midrange lively and warm. The neck is made of nyatoh wood.
- The wood quality resulted in superior sound quality. It also gives the guitar a natural and stylish finish with an acoustic style.
- The bridge of the guitar is of walnut wood. It facilitates a perfect hold for the nylon strings that vibrate on the rosewood frets. This has an equalizing effect on the sound produced by the guitar.
- The AEG has been updated and remodeled to facilitate simple and easy control. This new model boasts the AEQ TTS preamp. This preamp has simple controls and only two knobs for shape and volume.
- It is easy to access and easy to control even for beginners. It has a vast sound range and quality. It has an easy-to-read LCD tuner. The sounds are of wide variety from that of a low powerful chord to a high brisk tenor.
- The guitar also comes with a rosette, binding, and simple ornamentation that only adds to the acoustic style of the guitar. It has an under-saddle pickup that harmonizes the strummed strings.
With a newly modeled and added preamp and an easy-to-use and easy-to-control, the Ibanez AEG50 has indeed become the best acoustic electric guitars under 500 dollars.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best guitar under 500?
Selecting the best acoustic electric guitars under 500 is almost impossible because it depends on multiple factors like use and price. Some people wouldn’t be willing to invest so much in a guitar because they play the guitar casually. So, it’s close to impossible. However, companies like Fender, Washburn, Takamine, etc do produce good acoustic electric guitars. That said, you can get good acoustic guitar strings which are important for guitars easily
Hi, I am William. I am a music enthusiast. I play the guitar and ukulele. I like to try out all instruments and review them, to help others make an informed decision. You must choose the right instrument to get that sweet sound you desire. When I am not on my instruments I will be found reading or cooking.