Headphones have become quite popular in the last decade, especially among teenagers. When you open the radio app on your phone it will not work until you connect a headset to it. The technology has come very far now, and there are headphones with in-built am/FM radio. The best am/FM radio headphones will let you surf through various channels and save your favorite ones. They are easy to control and comfortable too.
You will receive so many weird and judgemental stares from people if you blast your music in public. That’s when headphones come in handy. You could be jamming to your favorite song at the highest volume, and no one would know! In this day and age, where everything is on the internet, headphones are a very useful amenity. People use them for watching videos, listening to songs, silent discos, etc. You can have a private concert without bothering anyone. Now that’s a win-win! They are practical and useful. You get a better and amplified sound to enhance your musical experience.
Best am/FM Radio Headphones – Buying Guide
You should consider some things before buying the most suited and best am/FM radio headphones for you. They are as follows:
Factors to look for
- Sound quality-The Sound quality really matters when you are buying headphones. Some have an enhanced bass sound that makes the sound heavier. The headphones that come with Bluetooth have compressed audio, but the new tech makes the sound better even with Bluetooth. For this to work the speaker and the phone both should support the aptX tech. In radio headphones, there is always the question of whether the headphones have good reception or not. If they do not have good reception then you will hear the static sound more than the actual song. Read the description carefully to see which one has the best reception and the clearest sound.
- Battery life- Wired headphones play infinitely but wireless headphones run on battery. It is important to know the battery life of the headphones you want to buy. If your work demands more headphone usage then buy one with longer battery life. Also, check the time it takes to charge fully. You can also use the headphone while charging, but that will defeat the purpose of buying wireless am/FM radio headphones. Some headphones come with rechargeable batteries, and some need AA or AAA batteries to operate. If your headphones need AA batteries to work then make sure to keep an extra pair with you. You never know when you might need them!
- Controls- In wired headphones, the controls are there on the wire. You can play, pause, and adjust the volume with the buttons on the wire. But in wireless headphones, the control panel is present on the earpieces only. In the case of am/FM radio headphones, the controls to change the stations protrude from the earpieces. The controls are easy enough. The controls can be in the form of knobs or dials; either way, it should be a user-friendly interface.
- Comfort- Many people are required to wear headphones for a larger portion of the day due to their work. DJs and musicians wear them for long hours every day, and it may get tiresome to wear heavy headphones for so long. So, the comfort level of the headphones you buy is very important. The ear cups should cushion your ears so that it’s comfortable. The over-ear headphones will completely cover your ears and give a better sound. Also, check the padding on the headband and make sure it is comfortable otherwise you will get a headache if you wear them for a long time.
- Features- We always try to be up-to-date with the advancing technology so we don’t miss out on anything. This is also applicable when you are shopping for new headphones. There are so many advanced features nowadays that make the old tech seem obsolete. You can have a wireless, Bluetooth connection in your headphones that can be used to answer calls with the headset on. This will make your life so much easier. The in-built radio and antenna are great features as well. The headphones that you buy should be ANSI or OSHA approved and should have all the safety features as described by them.
AM/FM radio headphones
As you know already, you can’t listen to the radio on your mobile phone unless you have a headset attached. But with am/FM radio headphones you get an in-built radio and antenna that enables you to listen to your favorite station without the hassle of handling wires. Almost all am/FM radio headphones come with hearing protection that blocks hazardous noises when you are mowing or working with heavy machines. That way you can do work while getting entertained by your favorite tunes. The sound quality is quite good, and the reception is great as well.
Wireless am/FM radio headphones
The wireless AM/FM radio headphones also have in-built radio that can be operated smoothly. The best advantage of wireless headphones is that your hands are free and you can use the headphones while doing your work. But since it does not have a wire you won’t be able to listen to the radio on your mobile phone. Although many wireless am/FM radio headphones come with an AUX jack that can be connected to the phone for streaming movies, songs, etc. The technology has advanced so much that headphones also come with a Bluetooth connection that can be used for answering calls. Wireless radio headphones are very useful and efficient.
3m am/FM radio headphones
This is a very reputable and popular product in the market. Many customers trust the 3M brand. The 3Mam/FM radio headphones are very versatile and durable. It has a noise reduction rate of 24 decibels. The 3M brand has released many different series of headphones, all with different features. They can also be used as a hearing protector. We will tell you all about this headphone in its product description.
Portable am/FM radio headphones
These headphones are actually the same as wireless headphones. It is easy to carry or travel with portable am/FM radio headphones. Some headphones have a pivotal point on either side of the headband that folds the earpieces in and makes the headphones more compact. They will take up less space which comes in handy when you are traveling. These headphones help improve productivity.
The best advantage of portable headphones is that they run on batteries and you can use them while jogging or exercising, and it wouldn’t make a difference. You need to keep your headphones charged, and then you are good to use them for the rest of the day.
Best am/FM Radio Headphones Reviews
Now we will discuss the features and advantages of all the best am/FM radio headphones available in-depth. Let’s get into it:
3m Am/Fm Radio Headphones
The 3M am/FM radio headphones have a very versatile design and are multi-functional. It protects the ears when exposed to loud noises like lawn mowing, construction, or snow blowing. They have a noise reduction rating of 24 decibels. It has built-in Bluetooth technology that you can connect with your phone or computer and stream seamlessly.
The rotary device on the earpiece allows you to operate your mobile from the headset itself. You can save up to 50 stations of your choice. These headphones also come equipped with safe volume control technology. This feature is useful for people who use headphones all day long. It will automatically lower the volume if it gets too loud and always keep the volume at a safe level.
- The enhanced digital radio gives better sound quality.
- Audio assist technology helps you set up without removing the headphones
- It is equipped with a microphone to receive calls without taking off the headphones.
- It has a streaming range of 25 hertz.
- They are the best am/FM radio headphones.
Portable Am/Fm Radio Headphones
This product has bright green earcups and a reflective headband that glows in the dark and gives better visibility at night or in dim lighting. These are wireless and portable am/FM radio headphones that run on batteries. They have a removable panel on one of the earcups where you can put in the batteries.
If the battery runs out then you can connect the AUX cable to your phone for a better stereo sound. The digital antenna provides clear radio reception. You can preset 10 stations. The volume memory feature lets you set the volume for a personalized listening experience. You can also auto-search the stations on the LCD. The patented airflow control technology blocks harmful noises and reduces incoming sound.
It has a noise reduction rate of 25 decibels. The ear cushions are lightweight and comfortable. They can easily snap in and out. This makes their maintenance easy. You can also replace them easily if damaged.
- They have a battery life of 140 hours.
- They come with two free AA batteries.
- The AUX cable is also included in the package.
- The headband is comfortable because of the extra padding.
- The reinforced fork sides provide further strength.
It has a noise-reducing capacity of 25 decibels. The antenna is flexible for better reception. They have very effective and thick padding around the earcups that block the outside noise of hazardous sound levels. Along with highly foam-padded earcups, the headband is equally padded and does not cause any discomfort. The headband is adjustable for bigger head sizes.
The new and improved design prevents any breakage. The battery compartment is not flimsy at all and holds strong for a long time. It requires AA batteries to run. These portable AM/FM radio headphones are compact and can be easily stored for travel. You can auto-scan the channels and preset your favorite channels so you do not have to search for them again. You can see them on the digital display.
The channels remain saved even after the headphones have been powered off. The best thing about digital radio is the sound quality. It is very clear, and there is no static whatsoever. Both FM and am sound like a stereo.
- You can connect the AUX cable to your smartphone and enjoy the seamless streaming of podcasts and music.
- These headphones are compatible with MP3 and i-pod.
- The AUX cable is free.
- A clock is also displayed on the screen.
- The volume is set on a default level, but it can be adjusted by pressing the volume button.
This is a very popular brand and has many happy customers who have given it 5-star ratings. These headphones can be used as earmuffs to block out the noises from construction, mowing, or other environmental elements.
There are buttons on the earpiece that are easy to control. This will scan all the radio stations that your high-end stereo will and give the same sound quality too. It has great reception and reduces frequencies. You can save up to eight stations. You can easily seek and scan the radio channels. The sleek black design looks very stylish.
It is also as comfortable as it is stylish. This headphone is designed to distribute the weight evenly so that they are comfortable and can be worn for long hours. They have the highest noise reduction rate among all the headphones on Amazon, which is 31 decibels. It has a long-lasting battery life of 200 hours.
- It runs on two AA batteries.
- You can also connect an AUX cable to the jack and connect it to your mobile or MP3 player.
- A clock is displayed on the LCD.
- The volume is limited to a safe level of 82 decibels.
- It has a full warranty for two years.
This headphone acts as an electronic earmuff and blocks the noise from penetrating them. The over-ear design is added protection that covers the whole ear. It is safe to use and is deemed harmless by the ANSI standards. It has a noise reduction rate of 22 decibels. The volume level is below the safe standard of 82 decibels at all times.
The electronic components are on the outer side which prevents moisture from damaging them. The quality of these headphones is well-praised by the customers, and they can last for years. The dial tuner can be used to switch between AM and FM. The earmuffs also have high-quality stereo sound.
They come with an audio jack that connects to most audio devices. The headset can be adjusted to fit anyone. The plastic piece on either side pivots. You can pull it or push it according to your needs.
- It shuts off automatically after four hours to prevent any damage.
- The reception is very good, and there is very little static.
- The FM and AM both lock in well and sound great.
- It runs on AA batteries that are included.
- The ear cups are cushioned for comfort.
These headphones have large earcups that create a seal around the whole ear to minimize the outside noise. The earpads are very soft and comfortable. They are filled with silicone gel and soft foam. You will not get any headaches even if you keep them on for the whole day. They can easily snap in and out.
You can clean and maintain them with no effort. The gel-filled cushions are resilient and can last for a long time. They have a noise reduction rating of 24 decibels. The headband is padded for a snug fit and can be adjusted to fit the bigger head size. A digital tuner with an LCD controls the am/FM. You can save up to 10 radio stations. It requires two AA batteries to operate. It is well suited for people who work with heavy machinery because it blocks out noise efficiently.
- An AUX cable is included and can be connected to other devices for better sound.
- A 1-year warranty and excellent customer service back this product.
- You also get a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- It is safe and can be used every day without thinking twice.
- Use it outdoors for better reception and listening experience.
These AM/FM radio headphones have a noise reduction rate of 25 decibels. They minimize the outside noise effectively and block the sounds of harmful levels. You could be operating a chainsaw or driving a tractor, and you still wouldn’t hear a thing. This hearing protector will prevent any damage to your ears.
The built-in am/FM radio has eight preset channels and comes with channel memory. You can listen to your favorite stations without having to scan them repeatedly. You can search for the stations manually as well as digitally. They come with a lithium battery installed that can last for a whole day when fully charged.
It is also equipped with Bluetooth technology that can be used to stream seamlessly through other devices. The added microphone also lets you answer calls through Bluetooth without having to remove the headset. The headphones have an over-ear design.
- The built-in antenna provides good reception and less static.
- There is an LCD that also has a clock on standby.
- There are buttons and dials for all the functions on the earpiece.
- The ear cups are padded with double-layer foam for comfort.
- You can hear the music perfectly even when exposed to loud noises.
Wireless Am/Fm Radio Headphones
These wireless am/FM radio headphones come with a fitted antenna, which provides excellent reception for the radio. They can be used as a noise-reduction devices while mowing or landscaping. They have a noise reduction rating of 25 decibels. These headphones have a wide and thickly padded headband that is comfortable to wear.
As it is wide, the weight of the headphones is distributed evenly, and it does not make your head heavy. Say goodbye to headaches after wearing headphones for hours. The am/FM sound is great, and it has eight preset channels. You can auto-scan the channels on the digital display screen. It also has a low-battery display that notifies you when the battery needs to be changed. It needs two AAA batteries to work.
AAA batteries are a lot lighter than AA batteries. This makes the headphones lightweight. Another great feature is the controls on the earpieces. The buttons are big and easy to understand. You can easily switch between am and FM with the touch of a button.
- Two AAA batteries are included with the headphones.
- It has an AUX jack to play MP3.
- The buttons are large and can be operated while wearing thick working gloves.
- It is lightweight with comfortable padding
- The batteries last for a long time.
These headphones are relatively cheaper than other headphones. They are wireless am/FM radio headphones. The earpieces pivot and can be folded easily. The compact design makes it easy to store because it takes less space. They are also portable. Along with the affordable price, it also has immensely useful features. It comes equipped with a digital radio that gives you a clear, high-quality stereo sound.
It has a built-in antenna for good radio reception. The FM has a range of 50-108 MHz. Even though the headband is not padded, it is not uncomfortable. The earcups are padded enough to block the outside noise and provide comfort. It covers the whole ear and gives a surround sound. The speakers are quite big and give hi-fi audio.
The memory foam has good sound insulation and absorbs all outside sounds. The control buttons are on one side of the earpieces with a digital LCD. You can eight stations with the memory button. There are two buttons for automatic search, and they can be used for adjusting volume if you press and hold.
- It requires two AAA batteries to work.
- It is lightweight and comfortable.
- The battery panel is on one of the earpieces, and it can easily slide out.
- It has an AUX cable input that can be connected to mobiles, computers, and tablets.
- They have excellent battery life.
If you’re looking for am fm radio headphones but worried about the price, these am/fm headphones are for you! With five variants under pocket-friendly pricing, these headphones require two AA batteries to work. Whatever the activity we are in, these headphones perfectly fit in with the ears. They are relatively cheap, and we can store them easily. If you wish to connect these headphones to any external device, we are provided with an AUX cable. They offer excellent surround sounds and durable build quality. Let’s see what these wireless headphones with fm radio have in store for us!
- They come with a 25dB Noise Reduction Rate and one of the best radio headphones for lawn mowing.
- The LCD display makes it pretty easy to tune am fm radio headphones and we can switch between eight channels each.
- We can control the volume either using the volume control knob or through the device connected using an MP3 cable.
- With wide-head soft padding and an over-design model, the ear cushions are so comfortable for the ear. Also, the over-the-ear design blocks more noise.
- These fm wireless headphones are lightweight and easily portable so much so that we feel that it is a portable radio with headphones.
- The earmuffs from these am/fm headphones are excellent for activities like hunting, construction sites, mowing, indoor firings, etc. These have a sure shot in the list of best radio headphones for lawn mowing.
Also, you can read about Best Studio headphones under 100 here.
Frequently asked questions
What AM/FM headphones are best?
The 3M work tunes wireless headphones are hands-down, the best am/FM radio headphones available. They are deemed completely safe with the volume control technology. It adjusts the volume automatically so it never gets loud enough to cause any damage. They also have Bluetooth feature to connect with your mobile. You can save 50 stations on the radio, which is more than enough. The reception is great, and the comfort level is impeccable.
What is the best am/FM radio for its reception?
The C Crane CC skyware portable radio is simply the best in the market. It can be used for FM and AM both. It is perfect for travel. It has an LCD and knobs for controlling the volume and the stations. It runs smoothly for 80 hours. It can be charged with a USB plug, and it can run on AA batteries. It is lightweight and durable. This radio also comes with a 1-year warranty. It has a jack to connect stereo headphones for amplified sound.
What are the best radio earmuffs?
The best radio earmuffs that you can get are Ear defender original earmuff headphones. An earmuff’s job is to block the noise when you are working with heavy and loud machines. It will block the noises from tractors, chainsaws, construction, etc. This headphone has the highest noise reduction rate among all the headphones which is 31 decibels. It minimizes the noise levels efficiently. You can listen to music without any interruptions. The am/FM has a hi-fi audio quality with a stereo sound. It is durable, and the AA batteries last for a good 80 hours.
How do I listen to FM radio on my Bluetooth headset?
You cannot listen to FM radio from a Bluetooth headset. You will need a wired headset to plug into your phone for the radio to work because it needs an antenna that is present in a wired headset. You can listen to the radio only if it is built into your headset. Although, you can listen to the radio when it is live streaming online using your mobile data. Just connect the headphones to your smartphone via Bluetooth and enjoy live radio streaming online. You can also listen to the radio on your computer or laptop using this method.
How can I listen to FM radio without headphones?
Headphones are used to listen to the radio because they act as an antenna. Any other metal wire can also do the trick. You can connect your headset or speakers to your smartphone with a USB device or an AUX cable. This will act as the antenna needed to listen to the radio. You can also connect the earphones to your smartphone and then put the radio on the speaker to listen without headphones.
Why does FM radio need headphones?
FM radio needs headphones because they act as an antenna. The radio waves are transmitted from one device and collected by a receiver by the other device. The receiving antenna converts the sound waves into the electric current from which the sound energy is derived. You cannot hear any sound on the radio because the antenna is not present. Although there is technology available to have in-built antennas in your smartphone that will mess with the appearance of the phone and make it heavy. That is why mobile phones come with earphones that act as antennas.
Hi, I am William. I am a music enthusiast. I play the guitar and ukulele. I like to try out all instruments and review them, to help others make an informed decision. You must choose the right instrument to get that sweet sound you desire. When I am not on my instruments I will be found reading or cooking.