Music has been in our lives since what seems like an eternity. In the earlier days, people would play music on instruments made from the shells, husks and other parts of fruits and vegetables. However, it seems like with time, as a wave of technology has washed over our globe, there has been a noticeable amount of development in the field of music. Musical instruments now come equipped with state of the art technology and not only provide the musician with the opportunity to create more diverse and beautiful music but also the ease to do so.
In this article, we will be talking about the best electric piano you can find for yourself. These are among the best rated electric pianos online and have been carefully assessed on the basis of band, quality and affordability. If you have been looking for the best electric piano for some time now and yet are finding it difficult to decide, go through this list of our recommended electric pianos and you are sure to make the best buy for yourself.
Before we get into the details of finding the best electric piano for yourself, let us first understand the factors that you should look for before making any purchase.
Factors To Consider Before Purchasing An Electric Piano
Price Range: First and foremost, the most important factor to think about before purchasing an electric piano is the price range. Electric pianos like all other musical instruments come in a diverse range and have many types and price options. If you are someone who’s just starting out learning the electric piano or are purchasing the piano to gift to some child, then it is better if you purchase one that is the basic model and comes within an affordable price range.
However, if you’re a professional and are looking for the best and want to invest lavishly then you may as well. The most important thing is to get over the misconception that the higher the price, the better the quality. Nowadays, the best brands are providing affordable variants to their valued customers. Make sure you assess all your options at hand before making a final decision.
Brand: Another important factor to consider is the brand. Purchasing from a renowned brand has many benefits. First of many benefits is that the best brands have great customer loyalty and have been approved by thousands of customers who have tried and tested their products. Second, the best brands provide the best guarantee periods and after purchase service. In short, if one purchases from a good brand, you are barely likely to face any major issues as they carefully curate their products on the basis of getting maximum customer satisfaction.
Guarantee: This is important especially for beginners as they are more likely to unknowingly cause damage to their instruments without knowing. However, this factor is equally important for professionals as well considering the fact that rough use may also result in similar damage. Before making a purchase, make sure you carefully inspect its guarantee and exchange policies to get full value for money even when your instrument breaks down.
Specifications: These depend on personal choice. If you are a beginner and are looking for the best electric piano with simple and easy to use features, there are a wide range of products to choose from. If you are a professional musician or a hobbyist who knows their way around electric pianos and are looking for something that’s more advanced and has better features than the basic versions, then there are various options for you as well. The secret is knowing what you want. If you are a novice and unaware of the options available to you, then make sure you make good use of the various online forums available or take the help of an experienced friend.
Making it to the top of our list is the Best choice electronic keyboard set. Why is this the best electric piano for you? According to various electric piano reviews, this is perfect for beginners. Here are a few features of this high quality product:
- Compact yet Powerful: Don’t be fooled by its compact size. This electric piano is equipped with 255 rhythms, 61 keys, 255 timbres, 32 types of keyboard percussion, and 50 demo songs making it one of the most powerful electric pianos out there.
- Perfect Gift For Musicians: This electric piano comes with a padded stool, H-style keyboard stand, and more that does not only make it travel friendly but also makes it easy to operate and play.
- Modes for Beginners: This electric piano comes with Follow, One-Key, and Ensemble that are the three different modes that help the beginner to learn faster. Also comes with LCD display, recorder with playback, light-up keys, and piano note stickers.
- Quality Sound: This electric piano comes with headphones, built-in speakers, music player function, and a rhythm programmer that enable it to produce the best sound ever.
- Well Functioning Keys: This electric piano comes with 61 fully functional keys that cover pretty much all the notes there can ever be. These keys are big enough and conveniently placed so that beginners don’t have any trouble while learning to play.
- Rif6 Backing Band: This keyboard comes with 300 tones, 300 rhythms and 50 demo songs that help you to experiment with your creativity. Keep the original track and mix and match with other beats as you like.
- Over-Ear Headphones: Headphones are an integral accessory to any musical instrument. These over the ear headphone enable you to practice when there’s a lot of noise outside and you cannot concentrate. Being partially noise cancelling, these over the ear headphones are completely a steal for their price
- Portability: one of the main reasons why this is the best electric piano for you is that it is easily portable and due to its light weight can be carried along easily. This set also consists of a padded piano stool, 9V DC Adapter, and keyboard stand. Can be operated on battery as well.
Here is another product that is perfect for beginners. However, the best professionals have also recommended this product because of its amazing features. Here why this piano is the best electric piano you can find within this price budget.
- Traditional Feel: Just because you can’t buy a traditional piano doesn’t mean you can’t feel one. With a wide range of 61 keys, this electric piano provides the most authentic sounds for your musical pieces.
- Compact Design: This electric piano has a compact design and light weight hence you don’t have to worry about making a lot of space for it at home. This will fit easily anywhere. Its compact design also makes storage easier.
- Battery Operation Possible: This electric piano also runs on batteries adding to its portability.
- Mix And Match: Mix and match your original tunes with 200 rhythms, 200 tones, a teaching function and 30 demo songs and create amazing musical pieces.
- Keyboard Stand: This set comes with a keyboard stand that acts as a very sturdy seat for both young and old. This seat has been carefully designed to be able to handle any kind of weight.
- Padded Headphones: This keyboard set comes with padded headphones that enable you to practice for long hours without having to disturb others or without others disturbing you. These padded headphones are carefully designed to enable maximum comfort and are also partially noise-cancelling and are hence a steal for their value.
Here’s why this makes it to our recommended list and is probably the best electric piano for you.
- Well-Engineered: This keyboard comes with a wide range of 61 keys and is also equipped with the best in-built speakers and is perfect for practicing for your concert or a fun evening with friends and families.
- Various Notes and Modes: This electric piano comes with 300 built in tones along with different modes like layer and split that helps you to add a different touch to the original pieces of your music.
- Demo Songs: This electric piano has 40 inbuilt demo songs that are perfect if you are beginner and don’t know where to start. Just play a demo song to learn the notes and once you have practiced enough you can play on your own!
- Accessories: We all know how accessories are integral for you to optimally experience the beauty of a musical instrument. However, it can indeed be a lot of hard work to search and install the best accessories correctly. However, this will never be a problem with this electric piano. This is because this electric piano is already equipped with a bench, a music rest, a stand, microphone, headphones, and a power adapter. All can be installed easily without any professional help.
Here are few of the best features of this electric piano that indeed make it the best for its value:
- Well Equipped: This electric piano kit is very well equipped and comes with headphone, microphone, music sheet stand, keyboard adjustable stand and bench. This makes it very convenient for beginners and pro level users alike as they do not need to go out and purchase accessories separately.
- Touch Sensitive Keys: We all know how playing the piano for long hours can be harsh on the fingers. However with this piano, this will never be a problem. With the most touch sensitive keys, you can play for as long as you want without putting too much stress on your fingers.
- Quality Speakers: This electric piano has the best quality in-built speakers that not only produce the best sound but also enhance it with an impressive bass.
- Multiple Playing: A timber split button on the display enables you to divide the keyboard into two so that more than one person can play the piano at the same time. This is perfect for a day in with friends and family.
- Mix Up Your Tones: This piano has in-built 200 rhythms, 200 tones and 20 demo songs provide a wide variety of sounds and functions.
Here are the few features of this electric piano that make this the best electric piano for you:
- Excellent Gift: Because it is so compact in size and easily portable, it makes for the perfect Christmas gift. Not only this, it is also not very expensive and is among the more affordable versions of electric pianos hence they are not very heavy on the pocket.
- Best Speakers: This electric piano is equipped with the best in-built speakers and comes with 225 Timbres, 225 Rhythms, 8 Percussion, 61 Keyboard percussions, 24 Demonstration Songs, LED Display etc. the keyboard also comes with a light and portable stand that is detachable and can be easily set up.
- Connectivity: This electric piano is equipped with a MIC/Headphone Jack (3.5mm)/Audio Output which enables you to use an external speaker or mic. Hence, you can easily connect any kind of accessory you want to without worrying to buy adaptors for the same.
- Extra Accessories: This kit is fully equipped and comes with all the accessories you would otherwise have to go and buy separately. Few of these accessories include: Microphone stand, plugin adapter.
Looking at the features of this electric piano it only becomes obvious that it is indeed the best purchase for you.
Hence, these were our top recommendations for the best electric piano for you. These selections have been made on the basis of entricate assessment of all their features. However, at the end of the day make sure you do your own research and ask a friend for help if you don’t know your way around electric pianos.
Conclusively, we can say that this list is only an inclusive list and there are various other options that are available in the market. However, make sure you read through our list of recommendations to at least know what to expect from the best electric piano. We have carefully assessed all the best options according to the electric piano reviews on various online sites and forums. However, this is only a guide and make sure you do your own thorough research by reading as many electric piano reviews as you can and asking for professional help wherever you get stuck.
We shall end this discussion after answering a few most frequently asked questions about electric pianos.
- Are electrical pianos easier to play that mainstream pianos?
Answer: The answer to this question depends upon your preference and level of expertise. According to some electric piano reviews, people are of the opinion that since electric piano are lighter and easier to carry around, they are indeed more easy to use and learn than the mainstream or traditional piano. People from a different school of thought think that the traditional piano produces the most authentic sounds and the electric piano sometimes modifies the effects. Considering the portability and diversity of electric pianos, they may seem like the most plausible option to a few. However, people from the other school of thoughts are also right in their own place.
- Are electrical pianos expensive?
This again is a question that is dependent on many factors like brand, preference and specifications. In general, electric pianos are indeed more expensive than their counterparts like guitars and ukuleles. However, they also have more features and use electricity. These factors should be considered. Also, brands are offering many affordable versions of electric pianos these days so price will barely be a problem.
- What are the best accessories to purchase along with an electric piano?
Again, there are various accessories you can purchase to optimize your instrument’s performance. Once you have purchased the best electric piano for yourself, you can also purchase studio headphones or studio speakers to amplify your musical experience. If you are someone who plays at various concerts you could invest in some good quality microphones or speakers.
- How should I maintain my electric piano?
Electric pianos like all other electronic devices need regular maintenance. Make sure you regularly clean your electric piano with a safe cleaner that doesn’t harm the surface of your electric piano. Keep it covered and away from dust and direct sunlight. Avoid keeping other flammable devices near your electric piano.
These are few of the most frequently asked questions that are asked before people buy the best electric piano for themselves.