The euphonious acoustic melodies taking the listener to a whole new world or the stage-rocking beats of a distortion – whether you talk about an acoustic guitar or an electric one, playing guitar standing in front of a microphone system is a dream of every guitar player. And in such a scenario, the best guitar strap locks come into the picture to fulfill your dream!
Guitar owners know that not every guitar comes with a pre-installed strap hook and even if it does, there’s just one hook at the bottom of the guitar, which is not sufficient for installing a strap. But that’s not disheartening at all. If you are planning an aftermarket strapping for your guitar, here is how the best strap locks for the guitar will help you.
Best Guitar Strap Locks – How Do They Work?
The best-rated guitar strap locks work as a fixing agent between the guitar and the strap. The lock has a pin, which is inserted into one end of the strap. Now, it’s time to fit the strap into the guitar. After we have inserted the pin into the strap, it is pushed into the buttons that are already screwed to your guitar. You can push the releasing pin to disconnect the strap.
Thus, the working of the best acoustic guitar strap lock is pretty simple, yet these simple-looking tools can actually transform your guitar.
Best Guitar Strap Locks – Buying Guide
Since a guitar strap lock determines the overall look of your guitar, here are some factors that a guitar owner should look for to get the best guitar strap lock system for his/her guitar.
Factors to Look For To Get the Best Guitar Strap Locks
- Universal vs. product-specific strap locks: universal strap locks are compatible with all types of guitars, while product-specific strap locks are compatible with a particular guitar type only (for instance, the best bass guitar strap locks work with bass guitars only).
- Compatibility with strap material: Check the material of your strap and look for a lock that can pierce through that material. For example, thicker strap material requires a strap with longer pins.
- Color: choose a color that matches your guitar’s color.
Best Guitar Strap Locks Reviews
To help you choose the best guitar strap locks, here are some high-quality strap locks that we have chosen in this section “guitar strap lock reviews” that you can go for without worrying about anything.
Known for giving guitars a premium look, Ernie Ball strap locks are undoubtedly one of the most extravagant strap locks that you can install on your guitar. Also, its excellent compatibility makes it one of the best bass guitar strap locks on the market.
- Suitable for all categories of guitarists due to its adjustable length i.e. 38 to 67 inches
- No need to modify your guitar
- Highly durable Poly web build material
- Vibrant colors to choose from
** The strap lock may not be compatible with some models like SG style guitars and Dan electro.
Tifanso has set several benchmarks in manufacturing the best guitar strap lock systems and this 6 pair strap lock is a clear testimony to this. The best electric guitar strap lock can promise you to make your guitar look extremely aesthetic.
- Quick installation without screwing or drilling
- Universal lock i.e. compatible with all guitar types
- Extensive security from detachment
- Extremely durable silicone
Guitar Savers strap locks will surely grab everyone’s attention towards your guitar with their vibrancy and premium finish, making it one of the best rubber guitar strap locks on the market.
- No hectic of drilling or screwing your guitar
- No need for existing strap button replacement
- Quick installation without any special connecting tool
- Finest rubber quality
Rated as an excellent product by thousand of buyers on Amazon, the D’Addario strap lock can prove to be an excellent strap lock due to its unique design and convenient installation.
- An extremely affordable strap lock system
- Easy to install and replace
- Helps in securing the strap and the instrument cable
A lot of guitar owners find a drilling guitar lock much safer and a better alternative and thus, here is an elite guitar strap lock that will help you get the utmost safety.
- The product is designed for quick release just with a button.
- Casehardened, steel-plated body for sheer durability
- Can endure up to 800 lbs
Since we were talking about drillable strap locks, we thought of presenting you with another elite strap lock. Yeshone mushroom head strap lock is filled with extravagance because of its unique mushroom-shaped design. Also, the strap lock is suitable for guitars that lack strap buttons.
- 6-piece set for regular replacement
- Smooth, round, and durable design for long-lasting use
- Easy to drill and install
- Mushroom head design for preventing easy falling of the strap
- Compatible with all types of guitars
One of the best electric guitar strap locks, this strap lock can promise you to save your guitar from falling off the strap in the toughest conditions. These locks are quite minimalistic, yet extremely effective, which makes them of the best-rated guitar strap locks.
- Quick, No-drill installation
- 12 pieces set for regular replacement
- Standard size for making them compatible with all types of guitars
- Minimalistic design for a sober look
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What are the best guitar strap locks?
Some of the best guitar strap locks are as follows:
- Ernie Ball PolyLock Strap Lock
- Tifanso 6 Pair Strap Lock
- Guitar Savers Premium Strap Locks
Q2. Do I need a guitar strap lock?
Playing guitar in a standing position is a dream of the majority of the guitar owners and if you too dream of something like this, then definitely, you should go for a decent strap lock as it will help you get your get strapped much firmly. Besides, you can also detach your strap whenever you feel like it.
Strapping provides a much more comfortable grip to your grip and removes the restrictions of looking for a chair every time you feel like playing your guitar. Strap locks may look small but they can actually enhance your overall experience with your guitar.
Q3. What does a guitar strap lock do?
Strap lock, as the name suggests, helps in attaching a strap to your guitar through a simple mechanism. The owner just needs to insert the strap lock’s pin into one of the straps and then push the pined strap into the pre-attached buttons on the guitar. In addition, strap locks also facilitate the easy removal of straps from your guitar.
A strap makes playing guitar much more convenient as the inability to find a place is to sit is no longer a hindrance. Also, a cool strap makes your guitar look visually stunning. Thus, investing in the best guitar strap lock would definitely prove to be a fruitful investment.
Q4. Can you put a strap lock on an acoustic guitar?
Yes, guitar strap locks are extremely versatile and can be attached to any type of guitar, being acoustic, electric, bass, ukulele, etc. in addition, The best acoustic guitar strap locks are compatible with every strap material, making strapping your guitar a doodle.
The best strap lock for acoustic guitar helps in giving an aesthetic look to your guitar along with sheer comfort. Thus, resorting to an acoustic strap lock will surely prove an intelligent decision as it prevents the strap from detaching in the middle of the show.
Q5. Are strap locks universal?
The market for strap locks does offer a vast variety of universal strap locks for a guitar. Universal strap locks are those strap locks that can be used with any type of guitar, being acoustic, semi-acoustic, electric, bass, etc. we can’t say if all strap locks are universal but these strap locks are a much better option than guitar-specific locks as you can use with any of your guitars if you own different types of guitars.
Some strap locks may not be universal as the build material of every guitar varies from the other. For instance, acoustic guitars are crafted out of wood, while electric ones are generally metallic.
Q6. How do you put a strap lock?
Putting a strap is pretty easy and even an amateur can install it without any professional assistance. A strap lock has a pin, which is inserted at one end of the strap. This is then pushed to the pre-installed buttons on the guitar to attach the strap to the guitar.
The best strap locks for guitar help in attaching the strap firmly to the strap to the guitar much more firmly, which helps in providing extensive protection from strap falling in between the show.
Q8. How do you secure a guitar strap?
Strap locks are an excellent alternative if you want to secure a guitar strap firmly. As the name suggests, guitar strap locks help in locking the strap to the guitar, providing extensive protection to the guitar.