Along with buying a good piano, buying quality accessories is also important. Your best piano benches or piano chair plays a pivotal role in whether you enjoy your time with your piano or not.
Irrespective of your experience, you deserve to have comfortable seating so that you can concentrate well on playing the instrument. As you progress, you will likely be practicing for long hours. Thus, if you do not choose a good bench, you are going to face issues. What do the best piano benches have in common?
A good bench usually has enough foam padding for comfort. Also, certain benches provide storage space. You may use it to store your sheets, metronome, and other accessories. Go for a bench that is sturdy and has smooth hinges if it has storage space. Next, choose a bench whose height suits your piano’s height.
This is a crucial feature as height determines your comfort. Some benches called artist piano benches are adjustable. The pianist can adjust their height. You may also use a duet bench if you are going to share the space with another player or a teacher. We have compiled a list of the best piano benches available in the market.
Best Piano Benches Reviews
Yamaha is a well-known name in the music fraternity. This bench by Yamaha is designed to provide lasting comfort to the pianist. Let us check out the features which make this one of the best piano benches.
- It has ultra-thick padding and an extra-wide seat for utmost comfort
- The bench is softly padded
- It is fully adjustable
- It can be folded up easily
- It is easy to assemble
- It is compact and streamlined but not very small
- The bench is lightweight and portable
- The height would be in the range of 17.5 inches – 19.5 inches
- It is sturdy and provides good support
RockJam is one of the best piano benches in the market. With this bench, you can comfortably play for long hours. Let us see the other features of this bench.
- The edges of the bench are fitted with non-slip rubber caps. So, there is no chance that the bench may wobble while being used.
- The bench is made of wood. Extreme durability is promised.
- The bench is easily foldable. So, if you have a lack of storage space, you do not have to worry.
- The product is simple to construct.
- The seat has extra thick foam padding for comfort during long hours of playing.
- The bench has ample storage space for sheets and other accessories.
- It has a classic design that adds to the aesthetic beauty of your household.
This beautiful piece of furniture not only supports your instrument practice; it can also double up as a vanity table. Beginners and pros equally desire this bench. What are the interesting features of this bench?
- The biggest advantage of this bench is it supports a range of heights – from 18.5 inches to 22.4 inches. The turn of a knob can easily adjust it.
- Beneath the seat, there is a storage compartment for sheet music and other accessories.
- The seat is made up of high-quality PU leather. Therefore, it can be cleaned with a damp cloth without any damage.
- The legs are fitted with rubber pads. This provides sturdiness and also keeps your tile/flooring free from scratches.
- The bench comes with a detailed instruction set and tools necessary for assembly.
- The seat is designed with 6 decorative buttons for comfort and aesthetic appeal.
Kuyal piano bench is made from top-quality raw materials. It comes with the promise of unparalleled comfort for the user. Listed below are the features of the Kuyal piano bench.
- The bench is adjustable between the heights of 18 inches – 20 inches.
- The edges of the legs have rubber caps that prevent wobbling and scratching on the floors.
- It is easy to store and transport. It can be quickly folded due to the X-design.
- The seat is padded with a thick cushion.
- Easy and quick assembly.
- The X-style frame enhances the stability and durability of the bench.
- It is relatively light in weight and can be carried around easily.
This piano bench-cum-vanity stool is a durable product that provides maximum comfort.
- The bench has internal storage for sheet music and other accessories. The hinged lid opens easily.
- A wrench is included in the package for quick assembly. No extra tools are required. There is also a picture guide to help the user with the installation.
- It is a sturdy bench and can support up to 330 pounds/150 kg.
- It is made of wood that keeps the bench stable and makes it durable.
- The cushion benchtop makes long hours of practice comfortable.
Overall, before purchasing a piano bench make sure it has all the features you are looking for. Going for an adjustable bench is better as you have the option of trying out 3-4 positions to check which height suits you best. From the above list, you have an idea about what features constitute the best piano benches. Keep them for reference while choosing your product.
How to adjust the height of a piano bench?
The bench has knobs on each side. Both knobs have to be turned equally in the same direction to increase/decrease the height.
How high should I sit at the piano?
Your forearm and elbow should be parallel to the keys. Your feet should touch the ground. The average height of a piano bench is 18 -22 inches.
Where should you sit on the bench?
You are supposed to sit at the front part of the bench and not at the center.
Hi, I am William. I am a music enthusiast. I play the guitar and ukulele. I like to try out all instruments and review them, to help others make an informed decision. You must choose the right instrument to get that sweet sound you desire. When I am not on my instruments I will be found reading or cooking.