You have now bought a quality piano. The classes have been sorted. You are all set to begin. But aren’t you missing something? Your purchase doesn’t end with the piano alone. You have to buy suitable accessories as well. One important accessory is the piano chair. It has to be of good quality and suitable height so that you can practice for long hours without discomfort. Your spine needs proper support. Therefore, you need to invest in the best piano chair. Based on our research, we have listed a few chairs that fit the definition of the best piano chair.
- 1 Let us take a look at each product along with its salient features.
- 2 Conclusion
- 3 FAQs
Let us take a look at each product along with its salient features.
This 15.5-inch-wide, 15.5-inch-tall chair is sturdy and provides ample back support to the pianist. Let us see some of the interesting features of the Ebony piano chair which make it the best piano chair.
- The chair is made up of 100% hardwood. Therefore, it is long-lasting and can comfortably support large weights.
- It has a special feature – quick adjustment. The chair is fitted with small blades on either side. A press on both the blades will quickly increase/decrease the height of the chair.
- The chair supports a wide range of heights: from 17 inches to 22 inches (about 7 different positions are provided). Switching the heights is easier compared to a studio piano bench. To lock a particular height, a latch is provided as well.
- The finish is glossy and adds to the aesthetic appeal of the room.
- The chair comes with a one-year warranty against workmanship and defects.
- The synthetic leather seat has a padded cushion for extra comfort, especially during long hours of practice.
It is the perfect chair designed for musicians. The back support is also cushioned well to keep your spine healthy. The special features of the chair are listed below:
- Long gigs and practice sessions will be comfortable for you due to the cushioned backrest.
- It is sturdy but at the same time lightweight. It weighs only 19lbs.
- The chair folds up well. It can be stored in limited space and can be transported easily.
- The legs have buttons that increase the height by 1 inch at a time. The chair can be adjusted according to your preference – flat or with a slight downward slope.
- The supported height range is from 15 –20 inches.
- The seat can be easily removed or upholstered.
- The quality of the raw materials is top-notch.
This padded seat has been specially crafted for pianists. The light mahogany color of the piano bench goes well with any kind of décor. It has the following features.
- The same bench is fit for use by multiple people as the height can be adjusted to suit their height.
- The seat has padded synthetic leather for comfort. Its antique look makes it more elegant.
- Its solid wood frame promises unmatched stability.
- This vintage piece of furniture is extremely durable.
- The bench also has hidden storage space under the seat, for music books, sheets, etc…
- The design of the bench makes it suitable for home use and professional use.
If you are looking for a dual bench, this is one of the best. It can be assembled quickly with the help of a wrench that comes with the bench.
- The best piano chair has a black glossy finish which easily blends in with a wide range of decors.
- It can seat up to 2 persons.
- It can support up to 300 pounds.
- Beneath the seat, the manufacturer has provided a storage compartment for music sheets and other accessories.
- It is a multi-functional bench that can be used with a keyboard as well. This kind of bench is highly preferred by teacher-student duos. If you are still a beginner and you have regular lessons, a dual bench is the best choice.
- It can be assembled within a few minutes.
While choosing a piano chair, make sure to check for the quality of the raw materials used. If the chair comes with a warranty, it is better. Also, maximum use is possible only if you purchase an adjustable piano chair. Make sure to check for durability and sturdiness. If the chair isn’t sturdy, it will start wobbling under pressure and you cannot focus on your practice/gig. The seat has to be cushioned well. Look for materials that are not spoilt by dampness, otherwise cleaning it will be a hassle.
If there is storage space under the seat, it is an added advantage. All your music accessories can be stored in one place. The legs of the chair must have rubber plugs so that your flooring isn’t affected by the dragging and pulling of the chair. If you want extra back support, go for a piano chair rather than a bench. It provides the utmost comfort. One more factor to look for is portability. If you will be transporting the bench, look for a lightweight one. Also, if you do not have enough space for storage, look for foldable benches. Good luck on your journey of finding the best piano chair!
Where to buy a piano chair?
You can but it either online or in retail stores. Musical instrument stores usually have accessories too. Otherwise, you can order one from trusted e-commerce websites such as Amazon.
How to adjust a piano chair?
The chair has buttons for adjustment. Pressing these buttons will increase/decrease its height. You should be able to rest your foot on the floor. If it doesn’t, use a footstool for the same.
Can a bench be upholstered?
You may decorate the bench seat with a lace cover or a decorative slipcover. Sometimes the seat can be detached. Look for such a bench, if you want to upholster the seat.