Most of the world-famous musicians love to play in the darkness or a room equipped with dim lights. It brings the sensational tunes of music back to life. But, playing in the dark can be a headache for the beginners. They might find it difficult to coordinate their hands on the dark regions of the piano. Therefore, let’s not jump directly to the professional level. We must learn the basics and then gradually take steps to make ourselves better than yesterday.
So, to allow yourself to submerge into these piano sessions, one must invest in the best aid i.e the best piano lamp. They are the perfect means to keep your focus strong while staying connected to your piano all day long. Therefore, we have mentioned down some of the best piano lamps which will be perfect for your next piano session in the dark.
Factors to look for in the best piano lamp:
- Wattage: Also be aware of the rating of the lamp’s lightbulbs. Wattage signifies the amount of power the best piano lamp is going to consume. If you opt for a higher wattage lamp, then it would emit out more light but at the same time will consume a lot of electricity. Therefore, if you are concerned about your electricity bills, then do go for lower wattage lamps. This also means that you will be requiring fewer batteries than usual. Therefore, to get more luminescence at a lower wattage, opt for LED bulbs. They excel in this.
- Style: It is very obvious that piano lamps are available at a wide range of styles. Therefore, the choice depends on you whether you want to opt for a piano lamp having a base or go with another portable variant that can be operated on battery power. Not only this, but you can also go for variants with a clip-on facility or desk style lamp aided with the coolest features.
- Lighting form: Choose the lighting form of the lamps wisely. It all depends on you. You can go for LED lamps which are much brighter than those old halogen versions. Also, halogen bulbs tend to consume a lot of power as compared to those LED ones even if both had the same rating. Therefore, if you are opting for battery-operated piano light bulbs, then go for the LED ones. They allow transportability, are brighter, and can even fulfill the criteria of being the best piano lamp.
- Colour and Design: Last but not the least, this factor must also be checked if you are conscious about the overall look. You can opt for either modern versions or traditional ones. You can even choose the color and design according to your taste. Whether you want golden colored, black colored, or a silver-colored lamp for your lamp, the choice depends totally on you.
Best piano in the market
1. Taotronics LED Desk Lamp
This versatile version of the piano lamp is manufactured by the company “Taotronics” also known as the ultimate workhorse for those musicians who love to travel. The product comes at a very reasonable price. The overall looks and design of the piano lamp are quite modern. Also, it has been made from lightweight black plastic material which makes it easier to move around. It comes pre-equipped with a 14W LED lightbulb which has an extraordinarily amazing long life.
For example, if one uses the lamp for 5 hours a day, then the bulb will last for at least 22 years meaning that one would never have to play his piano under a dead piano light. Also, the lamp comes inbuilt with handy timer control. This makes sure that the light turns off automatically after 60 minutes. This feature proves to be very useful for the Church musicians who tend to leave the stage while leading worship sessions.
The product comes loaded with thoughtful features. Its USB charging port is pretty convenient. One can easily charge his other devices via the lamp’s inbuilt 5V/1A USB charging port. In addition to this, the lamp also comes with a collection of 4 unique lights inbuilt with 5 levels of brightness. Either you want to light up your music sheet or need a mild glow while playing in the dark, this Taotronics piano lamp can do everything.
Apart from its several light settings, one can also rotate the equipment up to 180 degrees on its base. Not only this, but its arm can also be rotated up to 140 degrees. This enables the users to adjust the position of the lamp and its intensity as per their needs. Also, are you worried about its assembly? Well, this version of the best piano lamp comes with an easy-to-understand manual. One only needs to screw the neck to the base and then plug the gadget in. At an affordable retail price, this Taotronics branded piano light lamp serves the best features.
- It comes with 4 lighting options.
- It possesses a convenient USB charging.
- It can be adjusted in multiple angles for optimized lighting.
- It comes pre-equipped with a One-hour auto-off timer.
- It also comes pre-equipped with memory functions and touches sensitive controls.
2. Haddington Piano Table Lam
This variant of piano lamp looks traditionally debonair. It is about 16 inches tall and has a base measuring up to 8 inches. This lamp was mainly constructor for use on an upright version of the piano. On looking carefully at the product, one can find the intricate details done on its bronze metal base. This gives an overall antique appeal to the whole set. Not only this, but its single pull chain along with the champagne colored alabaster glass shade adds vintage vibes to its overall look. It simply reflects decorous, tasteful, and classic vibes.
One can find a standard to medium base bulb along with this product. Either you wish to fix CFL light bulbs, halogen bulbs, LEDs, incandescent bulbs, or anything, you can do it without giving a second thought. Switching can be done by its pull chain which is a great traditional replacement for those modern button-type switches. One can even tilt the top glass of the lamp.
This will help you adjust the lamp’s position and direct the intensity of light as per your needs. This variant of piano lamp works mainly on the electric current which can be fed to it via its 6-foot long cord. Last but not the least, the lamp is manufactured by Regency Hill which is considered to be the top-most seller of chandeliers and lamps. With this brand, you can never go wrong.
- It is approximately 16 inches tall.
- It uses a 60-watt base bulb.
- This light lamp suits every traditional room.
- It comes with an antique bronze finish base along with accents.
- It demonstrates metal construction.
- It has been made from alabaster glass.
- Its top glass can be adjusted as well as tilted.
- It also comes with a 6-foot long cord.
3. House of Troy Portable Lamp
This piano lamp is a well-deserved candidate to be in the list of the best piano lamp. It won’t be wrong to consider it as one of the top echelons of piano lamps. Along with its black-colored polished brass silhouette, the lamp has been made exceptionally tall. Also, its design has been made with perfection to complement every room. The lamp showcases a sturdy version of an old-school polished light lamp well-equipped with elegant designs. Its sleek styled adjustable neck comes hinged. This makes it easy to adjust the lamp using its black colored handlebar which is fixed to its one end.
One can fit a 60-watt incandescent lamp to its 10-inch black-hued shade and lamp. This is usually present at the other end of its shiny version of the brass neck. The product also comes well-equipped with an inbuilt lamp socket and on/off switch. This ensures easy operation of the gadget. This piano lamp justifies with its tag of being a “Counterbalance version of floor lamp” as the product is quite sturdy and never wobbles when readjustments are done. This lamp is mainly known for its great work of craftsmanship. Not only this, but the lamp also comes with a two-year manufacturer warranty making your investment more secure.
- Its hinged neck allows it to be easily adjusted to enable different lighting options.
- It uses 60 watts of T10 variant of incandescent bulbs.
- Switching it on/off is pretty convenient.
- It also comes with a lamp socket.
4. LUMIENS L9 – LED Lamp
With more than 1000 customer ratings to its account, this piano lamp by the brand LUMIENS has grabbed a decent number of 4.6 stars out of 5. It is even regarded as one the most-favorite and the best piano lamp among all piano lamps. The product displays a superior quality of the clip-on piano lamp. Without any kind of frill or fuss, one can easily light up his music sheet or the keys of his piano. If you wish, it can even become your sheet music stand. It comes with masterfully engineered versions of 9 LED lightbulbs. Their optical lenses are effective enough to provide a uniform spread of light without any kind of flickering.
Its low and high settings are perfect for creating optimum lighting auras. Its LED lightbulbs can be powered via 3 rechargeable versions of AA batteries. One single charge ensures 20 hours of interrupted use. Not only this, but the batteries can also be recharged with great ease. Recharging can be done via its 78-inch power cord.
This variant of light bulb can be fully adjusted according to one’s will. It facilitates easy positioning via its flexible gooseneck arm. You can even rotate its neck to change the direction of light and shine it on areas with pinpoint accuracy. As it is a clip-on version of a piano lamp, it can even clip onto things without causing any kind of damage.
Also, if you are wondering about getting scratches then, hold on. The clip of this product comes inbuilt with silicone which protects the surface from getting sudden scratches. The gooseneck arm allows one to fold it and put away. In other words, it ensures a convenient storage facility. Where other variants of piano lamps come with some criteria of warranty, well this product comes with an impressive lifetime warranty. Being available at such an affordable price, this product is something worth considering.
- The lightbulbs do not flicker.
- It can be put into multiple usages.
- It can be fully adjusted.
- It displays a clip-on style.
- It works on low consumption.
5. Cocoweb Black Adjustable Piano Lamp
This adjustable and sleek version of the piano lamp comes loaded with Cocoweb features. The lamp can be used as an upright piano lamp. It has been coated in smooth black paint and comes with shining brass accents.
This overall gives a sophisticated and modern look to the piano lamp. It also comes with a height-adjustable feature. As per your needs, the height can be adjusted anywhere from 12 inches to 16 inches. Also, the height adjusting process is quite simple and convenient. One only requires to adjust the thumbscrew available on its neck. Even the shade is made fully adjustable and can be rotated by several degrees according to your lighting requirements.
One can also use its dimmer control for enabling an additional adjustment. This control gets plugged in as soon as the power cord of the lamp is plugged into the socket. Also, its placement depends on the user. You can choose to place it wherever you desire.
You can even place it on the base of your lamp, next to your keys, or on top of the piano. The choice is completely yours. During your performance, if you don’t want to access this controller then you can also tuck it away behind your piano’s notation board. Its 16 inches pre-installed LED lightbar is pretty amazing.
It displays a color temperature of about 2700K. In other words, it means that it can emit light similar to the natural sunlight which is very easy and calm on the eyes. It can provide an ample amount of lighting still being 100% energy efficient. Not only this, but the LED piano bulbs also come with a lifespan of about 50,000 hours. This version of the best piano lamp can be regarded as a classy choice. Being priced at a reasonable price, the product excels in looks along with an additional 2-year manufacturer warranty.
- It comes inbuilt with Cocoweb LED technology.
- It prevents one from getting fatigued and protects from eyestrains.
- It causes minimal heat.
- It is highly efficient in saving energy.
- It is pretty long-lasting.
- Its directional swivel shade makes it quite convenient to use.
Therefore, here are some of the best piano lamp for which you could go. Always keep in mind that before purchasing, you must indulge yourself in good research and must refrain from buying things impulsively. Every product that has been mentioned above is durable in quality, loaded with lots of features, and comes priced at a reasonable price.
What is the common wattage requirement for most of the piano lamps?
Well, ordinary variants of LED piano lamps are mostly rated between 60 to 100 watts. The overall wattage rating depends on the size of the lightbulb along with the number of LED nodes that have been used.
2. How many nodes does a whole LED strip come with?
Well, the number of nodes can vary from brand to brand. Normally, on an average, a LED strip comes with 12 to 18 LED nodes.
3. If the best piano lamp comes with a dimmer, then where should it be placed?
The dimmer basically can be plugged into at the back of your piano lamp. This can be done using a usual five-inch cord. Also, the other part of the dimmer gets directly connected to the wall adapter.
4. How should one choose the perfect size for his best piano lamp?
Well, this factor depends on preferences. It all depends on whether your chosen variant can suit your piano or not. Also, it depends on the size of the space where you are thinking to place the lamp.