Choosing the right instrument for you is one hell of a task. So how to know which instrument is right for you? Do you plan on buying a ukulele or a guitar? Are you confused? Well, you’re lucky because we’ve got you covered.
Since you’ll be putting in a lot of money as well your time, it is important to make the right choice. If you’re thinking I’m going to tell you which instrument is better, I’m not. Both ukulele and guitar are special and unique in their own ways.
However, I’m going to help you understand both the instruments properly which will, in turn, help you understand which suits you better.
- Ukulele and guitar both come in different shapes and styles. Guitars are larger compared to a ukulele. Guitars have a 6-string structure while ukulele has a 4-string structure.
- The ukulele has a thinner and flatter freeboard compared to guitar. So if you have tiny hands, then ukulele is a very comfortable and suitable choice for you.
- Guitars have different styles for different genres. Electric and acoustic guitars both have different and fancy features. Whether you like punk rock or you like to play slow and steamy songs, the guitar will do you good.
- Ukuleles are mostly of a Hawaiian style. They come in unique and aesthetic shapes and sizes.
- Be it a mellow, soft and acoustic tone or hard rock and electric tone, the guitar will help you achieve all your needs. A guitar can also help you create lower tones like that of ukulele; this is one more reason why guitar is extremely handy.
- Nevertheless, the ukulele will let one have the most soothing and aesthetic experience which is perfect to play when you’re on a beach or just travelling.
- Although ukulele provides a less range of genres compared to guitars, it is a very good choice to make if you’re looking to play the specific tones that ukulele plays.
- Along with these above factors, if you plan on singing while playing the instrument, it is important to buy the instrument that matches the tone of your singing. Again, guitars will help you do so.
- Along with these factors, one of the most important components is the price.
- There is no point in buying an expensive instrument if it won’t play the tone you want it to play. Ukuleles are much cheaper compared to guitars.
Ukuleles and guitars are both quite difficult to learn. You should consider taking a class to get better.
Both the instruments are magnificent. However, both all the above factors should be considered while choosing the right instrument for you as this will save you time, energy and effort.