Audio mixers are one of the most important pieces of equipment in the music industry. What do these audio mixers do? How to pick the right mixer? What are the Yamaha MG12XU reviews like? Let us first see the capabilities of a mixer and then move on to the Yamaha MG12XU.
An audio mixer is a piece of equipment used in both recorded sounds and live events. It is known by many other names – mixing desk, soundboard, or a mixing console. A mixer takes multiple audio signals as input. It merges these signals to produce a pleasant output signal. To combine the various sources of sound and make it into a harmonious end product, there are several settings in the mixer that need to be adjusted. There are equalization and effects that can be applied, monitor feeds that can be created, and a combination of mixes can be recorded.
An audio mixer is one of the most basic types of equipment required to record an album or work on film music. Apart from recording studios, you will find DJs in clubs working with mixers too. Let us now take a quick look at some of the basic parts of a mixer.
- Faders – This is an important tool in a mixer. You can slide to increase or decrease the impact of each channel on the final output. All channels are initially set to 0dB and then adjustments are made.
- Soundboard – The soundboard acts as a layout for all the controls. The layout can either be inline or split. In the split layout, the input section and the monitoring section are in different parts of the board. The inline design has both the sections within the same channel strip.
- Audio inputs – Different sound sources enter the mixer through the audio inputs. They can be connected to the mixer using plug-ins provided at the rear.
- Channel equalization – This is to adjust the high and low frequencies in each channel.
- Assign and pan – This is to assign certain channels to a particular stereo output (right or left)
Yamaha MG12XU reviews
Yamaha is a well-known brand in the field of music equipment. Yamaha is known for making high-quality equipment known for ease of use and excellent performance. With the MG12XU mixer, Yamaha has once again proved that they are the leaders in making innovative music equipment. Let us check out some features of the mixer in the following section.
- The equalization is reliable. There are 3 band-equalizers on all mono channels. This gives you superior control over the sound. Since Yamaha is a pioneer in manufacturing audio gear, they have nailed the equalizer.
- The mixer has a high-pass filter. Using this, one can easily eliminate unwanted noise. Thus, you can obtain a cleaner mix in the end.
- 1 knob-industry grade compressors help in adjusting the dynamics of the final signal. Compression plays a huge role in obtaining clean vocals, a tighter snare, or a punchier bass line.
- The op-amp integrated circuits determine the quality of the sound produced. The MG12XU mixer is fitted with a top-grade op-amp circuit. The sound quality was seen as a priority. Thus, the op-amps are developed in collaboration with the semiconductor manufacturer.
- The digital effects are great. While producing any kind of music, polishing the effects always provides a cleaner end signal. This mixer has the SPX digital multi-effects processor. It provides a comprehensive suite of effects. These effects can be used to add depth to vocals, enhance your mix, or even make your live performance sound even better.
- The high-quality preamps, digital processing, and solid construction are added benefits. All components of the mixer match studio-grade quality.
- The sound quality and reliability are impressive.
- 12-channel mixer
- Different sizes and styles
- Easy to control
- Impact resistance
- It doesn’t last long
- Incorrect voltage indications
Why should you buy it?
This input bus-connection mixer from Yamaha comes in 10, 12, 16, and 20-input sizes. It is available in two variants – a standard mixer and a USB interface with effects. This mixer comes with both USB and SPX digital effects for better performance. Its 1-knob compressors allow easy controlling of the device. The 3-band EQ high-pass filters aid in cleaner mixing and eliminate unnecessary noise. Overall, it delivers a clean vocal sound, punchy bass lines, and lively guitar outputs.
The Yamaha MG12XU reviews are mostly positive on popular e-commerce websites. It ranks 3rd in stage powered mixers on Amazon. Some of the commonly found pros, in many reviews, are – the sturdy build, high-quality sound, and the gain control and compression on mics.
The product has some of the best features an audio mixer could have. If you are a music producer, composer, DJ, or working anywhere in the digital music industry, the Yamaha MG12XU mixer is one piece of equipment you must own. An audio mixer is a basic piece of equipment to have. Buying a cheap one will affect your final sound. The quality of your end audio signal will be degraded if the mixer is not of good quality.
Rated 4.4/5.0 on Amazon, Yamaha MG12XU reviews promises some of the best features for an audio mixer. It is suitable for both live performance and recording. Clean vocals and instrument sounds can be obtained.
The wide range of effects that Yamaha MG12XU reviews offer is unparalleled. Each component – the equalizer, the high-pass filters, the 1-knob compressors, the built-in SPX digital effects, and the op-amp integrated circuits are all of the top grades. This ensures that you get a clear output signal devoid of unnecessary noise.
Where to buy an audio mixer?
Mixers can be purchased from both online and offline stores. Electrical supply stores usually have audio mixers. In the online scene, many popular e-commerce websites sell audio mixers.
How to connect a mixer to an amplifier?
An amplifier is used to provide energy for the speakers. It can be connected to the mixer using stereo audio cables. Make sure that both systems are switched off when to connect them; to eliminate the possibility of a short circuit.
Are there different types of mixers?
There are three kinds of mixers. The classification is based on the kind of signals they process. An analog mixer processes analog signals. A digital mixer receives both digital and analog signals. A software mixer uses digital recording software.
How do audio mixers work?
Mixers are a central hub where audio signals from several sources are combined to produce a synchronized output signal(s). Effects and filters can be added to the signals. The mixer directs the end output to the monitor speakers.