Audio interfaces are higher and more developed versions of the basic sound recorders. They help you record your voice or musical pieces so that you can hear them back. One would naturally ask why in a generation that functions on smartphones not use their phones to record their pieces.
A phone with a good sound card would indeed do the job. However, the best audio interface will give you a more professional touch to all your recordings. Professional musicians and music enthusiasts will more often than not prefer an audio interface over a smartphone for all their recordings and after using one you will realize why it is justified as well.
Here is a list that will help you to select the best audio interface for all your recordings. Make sure you go through this list before purchasing any audio interface.
- 1 Here are the best audio interface
- 1.1 Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Duo (APLTWDII)
- 1.2 Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools
- 1.3 BEHRINGER audio interface (UMC22)
- 1.4 Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface
- 1.5 BEHRINGER U-PHORIA UMC202HD, 2-Channel
- 1.6 PreSonus Studio USB-C Audio Interface
- 1.7 Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2 Two-Channel Audio Interface
Here are the best audio interface
Making it to the top of the list is the Universal Audio Apollo Twin MKII Duo that may indeed be the best audio interface for you. Read on to find out why.
- It is 2×6 thunderbolt audio interfaces that are compatible with both Mac and Windows desktops.
- It has a great 24-bit/192 kHz audio conversion rate.
- It has a retro analogue design that adds to its funkiness.
- Real-time UAD processing.
- Have 2 premium mic preamps, two line outputs, 1 headphone output and 1 front panel input for Hi-Z instrument, 2 analogue monitor outputs that are digitally controlled and 8 channels of digital input.
- Possesses Console 2.0 features.
Focusrite is one of the most preferred brands for audio interfaces. It won’t be a surprise if you feel that this indeed is the best audio interface for you. Read on to find out more about this product.
- It has an additional air mode which you can switch to record more original and open sounds.
- One instrument input to plug in your guitar and bass.
- Two efficient hum-free outputs that make sure there is no disturbance in the output.
- It has a high-performance converter of 24-bit/ 192 kHz.
- Easy to install and has a quick start tool.
- Includes various pro tools that help you create a professional type recording.
Finding the best audio interface is a tiresome and tough job. However, your search may end today. The BEHRINGER audio interface is the best audio interface for you and the features mentioned below will justify this fact.
- It has a 2×2 USB audio interface for recording microphones and instruments which ensures seamless recording.
- It enables professional-quality 48 kHz resolution audio recording.
- It is compatible with both Mac and Windows.
- Compatible with various professional pro recording software.
- Has a Mic Preamplifier with +48 V phantom powers.
Making it to the list again is another product from Focusrite. According to numerous positive consumer reviews across various online portals, it has been established that this may be the best audio interface for you.
Features of the Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface is:
- One instrument input and one headset output.
- No power supply is needed to operate the Focusrite Scarlett Solo. To play, just plug in the USB and play.
- Has a high conversion rate of 192 kHz/ 24 bit.
- Comes along with pro tools for professional recording.
- Compatible with Mac and higher versions than Windows 7.
- It provides a two-year warranty on manufacturing defects only.
The features of the BEHRINGER Audio Interface are:
- Has a 2×2 audio interface for recording with a microphone and other instruments simultaneously.
- Perfect for professional recording with Audiophile 48 kHz resolution.
- It is compatible with various pro audio recording soft wares and hence is most recommended by music professionals.
- Is compatible with both Mac and Windows devices.
- Has a +48 V-powered MIDAS designed Preamp.
Looking at the features of the BEHRINGER Audio Interface it is only justified why it is the best audio interface for you. However, you may consider more options as mentioned below.
The features of the PreSonus USB-C Audio Interface are mentioned as below:
- This audio interface is sub-c powered.
- It has a 2×4 audio interface and comes with a pre-installed MIDI.
- Provides 24-bit resolution recording.
- Has a 48V phantom power.
- Has a 4 ladder-style LED meter.
- Has a funky and retro style look.
Why is the Native Instruments Komplete Audio 2 Two-Channel Audio Interface the best audio interface for you? Read on to find out.
The features of this product are mentioned as below:
- It is very easy to install and audio can easily be recorded onto your computer.
- It comes in two variants- Komplete Audio 1 and Komplete Audio 2.
- Supports pro recording software and also has pro tools for professional quality audio recording.
- There are two audio jacks in which you can insert two mics and a musical instrument simultaneously.
- Perfect for studio recording.
The above mentioned audio interfaces are among the best and are justified to be so because of the numerous positive reviews across many online sites. However, proper research is indeed needed to select the best audio interface for you. Since there are many variants of audio interfaces, you should know what you want before purchasing one.
Make sure you take recommendations from professional musicians as well. This is an inclusive list and many other audio interfaces may be the best audio interface for you. Since an efficient audio interface may be expensive you should make a proper value assessment before making any purchase.