Ukulele is considered one of the most versatile instruments. This instrument is stylish as well as highly popular among the youth. If you have ever tried learning a ukulele you might have known that it is one of the best instruments for beginners. If you are a beginner, then you must go through the best ukulele songbook to learn more about the ukulele. With the right amount of dedication to learning, this instrument will just be a piece of cake. Perfection will be achieved with time along with sheer diligence.
A ukulele comes from the lute family and is an instrument played on 4 nylon strings. It is a smaller form of the regular guitars but these were originally used by Portuguese immigrants.
Various songbooks are available for learning a ukulele. Choosing the best ukulele songbook will be difficult. There are some factors such as chord patterns, type of songs, melody tabs, etc. that should be considered for picking up the best ukulele songbook.
What is the Ukulele used for?
Ukulele, commonly known as Uke is a very versatile musical instrument. It is a very fun instrument to play and is gaining popularity day after day. It is used while playing jazz, rock, country music, pop, and even world music. It is a very famous musical instrument amount the kids in Hawaii. They start laying Ukulele from as young as 4/5 years old. It is a perfect instrument for a small getaway.
Best Ukulele Songbooks Reviews
1. Ukulele Primer Book for Beginners: with Online Video Access
This product by Bert Casey comes with the following key features
- The music book is 55 pages.
- It comes with a DVD containing 15 songs to play along with.
- The book is written to help beginners learn to play the ukulele.
- The book is suitable for Tenor, soprano, and the concert ukulele.
- The book starts with starter-level instructions like learning the parts of the ukulele, how to tune and strum a ukulele.
- The book delves into playing easy chords and strum patterns after covering the essentials.
- You also get access to 86 min video with techniques and songs to help you improve.
This feature makes it one of the best ukulele songbooks for beginners.
2. Easy Songs For Ukulele Supplementary Songbook To Hal Leonard Ukulele Method
This product by Lil’Rev has the following key features
- This book contains all kinds of musicals from Beatles to Johnny Cash.
- The book features songs from easy to difficult levels.
- The list of songs starts with melodies and ends with difficult cords.
- The book comes with ukulele chord diagrams and lyrics which makes it easier for you to learn songs.
- It is an exceptional guide for beginners as well as professional ukulele players.
3. 21 Songs in 6 Days: Learn Ukulele the Easy Way
This popular book from Rebecca Bogart has the following key features
- The ukulele book paperback is 105 pages.
- This book gives you easy access to videos along with step by step instruction.
- The book includes chord diagrams, lyrics, strum patterns, and sheet music.
- It is easy to match up with this book’s style.
- It focuses to perfect one key skill at a time giving no room for mistakes.
- Most of the songs in this book are very popular and easy to play along with the ukulele.
4. First 50 Songs You Should Play on Ukulele
This popular songbook by Hal Leonard Corp. has the following key features
- This amazing ukulele book paperback is 136 pages.
- This songbook includes a tremendous collection of songs.
- It has a unique number of diagrams, melody, and lyrics.
- The book has the most popular songs which are easy and exciting to play along with the ukulele.
- This book is well suited for beginners as well as experts.
5. The Daily Ukulele: 365 Songs for Better Living
The key features of this wonderful product by Jim Beloff and Liz Beloff are
- The paperback of this book has 336 pages.
- This ukulele book has a collection of 365 songs to choose from.
- The ukulele songbooks include lyrics, melody, and uke chord grids.
- The features of this book come with ukulele friendly keys to make it more easy and comforting.
- The book has a spiral binding making it more user-friendly.
- This book comes along with vintage ukulele themed photos, tips and technique section, and a chord chart.
This song is considered the best ukulele songbook and is a bestseller among enthusiasts.
6. The Ukulele Songbook: Hymns & Songs of worship
The key features of this amazing product from Thomas Balinger are
- The paperback of this book has 102 pages.
- The book comes with a collection of 50 hymns and worship songs.
- It includes helpful tips, music notations, written instructions, detailed photographs, and chord charts.
- The book comes with the basics for the beginners to make then learn the cords.
- It is good to be used with a concert, soprano, or tenor ukulele.
- It makes it easy to learn different strum patterns and easy cords with the help of fifteen different songs.
- The book provides online access to the video having techniques, instructions, and all the songs of the book.
- The video makes learning easier by using split screens.
7. Fingerstyle Ukulele – A Method & Songbook
The key features of this ukulele songbook by Fred Sokolow are
- The paperback of this book has 80 pages.
- This book provides internet access to sample songs and patterns which will help to reach an extraordinary level.
- It will help to perfect the art of playing the ukulele by using the thumb and fingernails.
- This book is great for learning fingerpicking patterns for various rhythmic grooves and textures.
8. Ukulele Chord Book – Over 300 Chords
The key features of this book by Bert Casey are
- The paperback of this book has 63 pages.
- This is a reference book that has over 300 cords.
- It contains clear photos to give a proper illustration.
- The chord chart comes with 12 prominent keys along with 12 different cord types.
- This book comes with a full neck diagram of the ukulele along with common cords in each major key and moveable cord.
Learning an instrument is considered as one of those things which makes you feel alive. A ukulele is the best instrument for anyone looking to start with something fun and less complex.
The best ukulele songbooks mentioned above are one of the most trusted books which aim at providing 100% customer satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the best uke songbooks?
Ukulele music books are available in tons on the internet. However, for foolproof and trusted learned you should purchase the best uke songbook These books will be handier to read or access during a low power zone or in areas with low internet.
Some of the best uke songbooks are:
- The daily ukulele songbook
- Ukulele primer boom for beginners
- Ukulele Aerobics for all levels
What are the 5 best ukulele books for beginners?
Unlike advanced players who know their way up and down a ukulele, a beginner needs time to understand, learn, requires a paper and pen to eventually make notes for a better understanding of his own. That is why you must refer to one of the best ukulele books for beginners to understand how to practice on a ukulele.
5 best ukulele books for beginners are:
- Ukulele for dummies
- 21 songs in 6 days: Learn ukulele the easy way
- The ukulele songbook
- Ukulele chord book
- The daily ukulele
3. Are ukulele music books really effective?
A lot of you might wonder why is it necessary to buy a uke book when you can refer to the same content for free or even for a lesser amount on the internet? The only answer to this is that with a book in hand you will be more concentrated on completing the task and at hand. It will help you in understanding the use of a uke music book much easier.
Uke music books teach their users a lot about how the instrument should be held, played, composed with, and how to play songs on them too. Having a book means that you can, without the fear of internet connectivity, battery loss, or any other reasons focus on your learning and your practice as you have a copy with which you can even play in the bus, forest, or on mountains as well.
Which is the best budget ukulele music book?
Ukulele is an easy and fun instrument to play once you get to play it properly. With a little motivation and guidance, you will learn to play a very soothing and advanced version of various songs. Even though books do not cost much as composed to the other musical accessories, let us look at some of the best budget ukulele music books that will help you learn the ukulele very fast and easily.
Best budget ukulele music books:
- The magic ukulele
- Ukulele primer
- Ukulele aerobics: for all levels
One of the greatest things about all of these ukulele music books is that they all come with a CD that you can refer to anytime and help polish yourself.
If you want to learn to fingerpick ukelele you can check out our post on how to read fingerpicking ukelele, which can be very useful for learning ukelele.