We all shop every little thing online these days, be it the best guitars for jazz, stationery items, bedsheets, crockery, kitchen utensils, nice apparel, footwear or the furniture. All the music lovers would know about the various musical instruments like drum sets, pianos, best guitars for jazz, ukuleles, etc.
If you are a novice into playing instruments like a guitar and do not know much about the same, then first understand what the 2 main categories of a guitar are.
- Acoustic guitar: these types of the best guitar for jazz are hollow bodies made of thin wood with a soundhole just below the strings. The soundhole plays a major role in producing amplified sound or music.
- Electric guitar: these types of the best guitar for jazz are not hollow if compared to the acoustic ones. These are thinner solid bodies made of thin wood which do not have any soundhole. Therefore, there is no need to amplify the sound of music in case you are playing an electric guitar.
If you want to know some best guitars for jazz, go through the article below.
This best guitars for jazz is a full-sized dreadnought body that is best suited for playing jazz music. The product is a bag which consists of all the types of equipment. It has a 20-fret rosewood fingerboard provided with dot inlays. This guitar has a laminated spruce top. Below are some reasons as to why one should buy this product:
- This product includes all other accessories that you will need for playing the instrument.
- This acoustic guitar is the best for beginner players.
- This acoustic guitar bag consists of guitar straps, guitar picks, an extra set of strings and an instructional DVD exclusively for beginner players.
- This product also has a clip-on digital tuner for keeping your instrument in tune.
This Epiphone Gigbag Solid-body Electric Guitar is one of the best guitars for jazz. The bag consists of all the types of equipment that one needs for playing the instrument. Below are the reasons why it is the best guitar for jazz:
- This product is designed with specific dimensions that will help to hold your LP comfortably.
- This product is well-built and has a fine look.
- This Epiphone Gigbag Solidbody Electric Guitar is a versatile instrument with very usable tones.
This best guitar for jazz is a 6-string Acoustic-electric guitar. This guitar is best suited for playing jazz music. It has a solid Mahogany top and an Ovangkol fretboard. This product also has okoume back and sides, along with a solid okoume top. Below are the reasons why you should opt for this guitar:
- This Ibanez Artwood AC340CE has a built-in tuner.
- This product is real bone nut and saddle.
- It has a Thermo Aged bridge and a bridge plate.
- The tones are quite flexible.
- This product is a great value for money.
This is a black colored guitar with a highly glossy finish and a single-cutaway body. This guitar is a 12-string acoustic/electric guitar that is suitable for playing jazz music comfortably. This product is a whole bundle that includes a clip-on guitar tuner, guitar folding A-Frame metallic stand and a Pig Hog guitar cable. Read the reasons below as to why you should buy this product:
- The guitar stand is strong, durable and stable.
- The guitar stand is made from lightweight durable metal.
- This product can be played unplugged or amplified both.
- This best guitar for jazz is equipped with Fishman Sonicore pickup and an Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp.
This is a full-scale 24 ¾” acoustic/electric guitar. This guitar is a 6-string one-piece Eastern American Maple guitar having a neck-through-body design. This product also includes a gigbag for carrying all the necessary equipment. Below is a list of some reasons as to why one must bt this product:
- This guitar is lightweight.
- It has an in-body tuning system and a very compact body.
- It also has an under-saddle piezo pickup.
- It is only 2lbs. 15 oz. and 28” long.
This is considered as the best guitars for jazz music. This guitar has a laminated body with a maple neck. It also has a rosewood fretboard having22 frets. It has controls like Volume 1 for the neck pickup, Volume 2 for the bridge pickup, tone, and 3-position toggle. Go through the reasons below to know why it is suitable for jazz music:
- The price of this guitar is very low and affordable.
- This guitar can also be used to play some rock music.
- This guitar has ML bracing and a pinned Rocking Bar bridge.
- This Gretsch G5700 Electromatic Lap Steel Guitar also has strap locks and locking tuners.
This best guitars for jazz is an electric guitar with Bigsby Tailpiece. This guitar has a rosewood fretboard with 22-frets. It also has a maple neck and has a glossy finish. Its body is a Chambered Basswood with Arched laminated maple top. It has a jet-like body shape. It weighs for approximately 13.8 pounds. Below are some reasons why one should but this product:
- This product has a Bigsby tailpiece with a rosewood fretboard.
- There is a total of 22 frets.
- This guitar has a passive pickup.
- This product is Firebird red in color.
This best guitar for jazz is a hollow body archtop electric guitar. It has a cherry top and 2T-Armond pickups. This guitar has a maple neck and a Richlite fingerboard. There are many more features that will make you buy this product right away. Take a look:
- This best guitars for jazz offers a rich tone and a powerful projection.
- The top and sides of this Godin 5th Avenue guitar are made of Canadian wild cherry top.
- This product is lightweight.
- It has jazz specific tonality both acoustically and plugged-in.
- This guitar has good playability and a lively acoustic resonance.
This best guitar for jazz is a 4-string semi-hollow body electric bass guitar. This guitar has a laminated mahogany top. It has 2 single-coil pickups and is in green color. This product has a rosewood fingerboard. Below are some reasons why one should opt for this guitar:
- This guitar offers fat tones and the body is Thinline semi-hollow.
- This best guitar for jazz has superb pickups.
- It has comfortable playability.
- This guitar has a pair of Bisonic pickups that deliver low ends.
This best guitar for jazz is a standard Fret-king Elise regarding its origin and has a solid-wood construction. This guitar has a bone nut, a saddle and D’Addario strings. This best guitars for jazz has a transparent Tobacco Sunburst finish with ivory large dot fret markers. Below are some reasons as to why one should opt for this product:
- This has a good build.
- This guitar has a classic look.
- It has loads of tonal options.
- This guitar is very lightweight.
- The neck of this guitar is very thick.
This best guitar for jazz is a hollow body guitar with a beautiful Chromatic II stairstep-Esque tailpiece and a laurel fingerboard. This guitar also has new Humbuckers which can provide higher output. This product has been tested and inspected by Amazon-qualified testers. This product will come with a 90-day Amazon renewed guarantee. There are many reasons why one should opt for this product. Take a look:
- This best guitar for jazz has a great classic look.
- This product has a hollow body.
- It also has new Humbuckers for offering higher output.
- It also has great Broad’Tron BT-2S pickups.
All the guitars mentioned or listed above are some of the well-researched best guitars for jazz. Music lovers who wish to learn to play the guitar can buy any of the products mentioned above. All of them are very comfortable to use and are not that pricey. There are many types of guitars- acoustic, electric, acoustic-electric guitar, bass, etc. Then, they can be 4-stringed, 6-stringed, 12-stringed, 22-stringed, etc.
There are various types of fretboards- maple, mahogany, ebony, and rosewood. Whichever guitar you buy, make sure you do your research properly and know at least basic things about guitars. One must know how to read standard music notation, tablature and learn open position notes. You should also know about strumming patterns and basic open position chords.
The product that you choose or buy should inspire you to play more and should make you feel comfortable while holding and playing it. Your chosen best guitars for jazz should be lightweight and should have a nice finish. It is much better if the guitar’s top is laminated. Just be sure of what you choose and learn it well, to the fullest.
Q1. What is a metronome?
A metronome is a device used effectively to mark time by regularly flashes or ticks at regular intervals. It is a very important device to develop one’s rhythm.
Q2. What is a capo?
It is a tiny movable bar placed on the fingerboard which is used to raise the pitch. These are more effectively used in acoustic guitars.
Q3. How should I take care of my guitar?
- Once you are done playing your guitar, just wipe it off with a lint-free cloth and put it back in the case.
- You should loosen the guitar strings in case you are leaving it for a long time.
- Always use a guitar polish to clean your guitar. DO NOT use furniture polish for cleaning.
- Get your guitar’s servicing done only from a professional guitar technician.
Q4. What should I pick- an acoustic or an electric guitar?
This is a matter of personal preference and no one else can tell you which type to buy. If your favorite player plays an electric guitar and you love its sound, you should pick an electric guitar, otherwise an acoustic one. A best guitar for jazz is comparatively easier to play but your finger strength can increase only through acoustic ones.