Nowadays, because of technology, it has become a trend to run a Youtube channel just by sitting at home and recording the voice with the help of a microphone. Along with that, the best microphone for home studio can easily start an aspiring singer’s musical journey. All the person has to do is just record music and upload it on music apps.
Understanding the term Best Microphone for home studio better: A microphone is basically a musical instrument that converts a sound wave into electric energy variation. The electric energy then can be amplified, transmitted, or even recorded. There are various types of microphones used for various occasions like a unidirectional mic used by single musicians on stage or a karaoke microphone used for karaoke nights. There are a variety of microphones that are available in the market and that is why it is very easy for a person to find the best microphone for home studio that is affordable yet gives the best results.
Best microphone for home studio -Buying Guide
Now that we have gotten a little idea about what a microphone is let’s understand the factors which are necessary to be considered before buying a microphone
Factors that are necessary to be considered before buying the best microphone for home studio
- Type of microphone: There are many types of microphones that are available in the market. All these microphones have different specialties and specifications. The user should know which microphone he or she wants. Some of the types of microphones are dynamic or condenser type. The condenser mics are considered to be sensitive than the dynamic ones, while the dynamic mics are suitable when the user is moving a lot.
- Polar patterns: The microphone’s direction defines the way it picks up sound. There are a few microphones that can pick up from one specific direction while others are bi-directional. There are a few polar patterns and one of them is used in a microphone.
- Cardioid: This pattern is heart-shaped and is used to pick up vocals mostly from speeches and the microphones which use this pattern can hear sounds only from the front of the microphone and these types of mics are used only for recording purposes.
- Supercardioid: The super-cardioid offers a narrow pickup of voice and these mics are suitable for capturing single sound sources typically coming from loud environments.
- Bi-directional: Bi-directional mics pick up sounds from both front and back in a figure-eight polar pattern
- Omnidirectional: The omnidirectional microphones can pick up sounds from all directions. The microphone which uses an omnidirectional pattern is the best microphone for home studio as well as rapping in public as it can catch voices from every direction.
- Frequency Response: The frequency response is the range of frequencies that a microphone can pick up. A typical microphone will have a frequency range of 20hz to 20Khz. This feature is very important as this range depicts how much voice will be picked. So, the user should choose accordingly.
- Easy installation: There are tons of microphones out there and the user should absolutely choose the microphone which has an easy set-up. There are microphones that don’t need a set up just a tripod so that the microphone can be situated properly.
- Quality: The quality of the material used while making the microphone is also important. If the microphone is made from good and high-quality material it will be sturdy and durable and will last longer. A good quality microphone can prove to be the best microphone for home studio. Another thing is the condenser, the condenser of the microphone plays an important part in catching the voices clearly. A microphone with a true condenser is considered to be the best condenser microphone for home studio as well as for professional recordings.
Best microphone for home studio Reviews
The microphone is ideal for home projects and home studios. The side-address studio condenser can deliver detailed and low noise. The high pass filter is around 80Hz and this filter level helps the microphone to handle extreme performance pressures. The microphone has a 10dB pad and is made from high-performance equipment. The rough outer construction of the microphone keeps it safe. There are some features the microphone has and they are mentioned below:
- The microphone has high-performance specifications and delivers a consistent sound. Along with that, the microphone comes with a protective pouch and a custom shock mount. So, for those who are trying to upload their new song on a musical app this microphone is for them. They can record their own song in their house making this microphone the best microphone for home studio.
- The 80Hz high-pass filter can be switched, along with that there is a 10 dB pad.
- The microphone is said to be versatile as it has a high SPL handling. The dynamic range of the microphone is large which provides an exceptional sound quality.
- The diaphragm is wide enough so the sound delivered by the microphone is natural and smooth.
- As mentioned before the microphone has a custom shock mount which provides a superior and needed isolation to it.
- The microphone can create a perfect ambiance for all musical recordings because of the vocal recording panel. The vocal recording panel is portable and can absorb sound from some distance which makes recordings easier which makes the microphone the best microphone for a home studio.
The microphone is driver-free and has a design that can be plugged and played. So, installing the microphone is easy. The recording or the voice pickup is accurate because of the mic high-quality mic capsule that is inside the microphone. The microphone set consists of a power cord, a tripod desk, and a mini shock mount. There are some features that the microphone has and they are mentioned below:
- The versatile microphone is ideal for YouTube videos, skype calls, podcasts, etc. So, basically, the microphone is perfect for small-scale recordings making the microphone the best microphone for a home studio.
- The installation of the microphone is easy as it has a plug and plays design. There is not a requirement of having an additional driver, along with that there is a 2.0 data port so there is not much fuss about setting the microphone up. The only step for installation is to unfold the stand which is three-legged and adjust the pop filter.
- The voice is captured accurately because the microphone uses a cardioid pick-up pattern. The cardioid pickup pattern basically suppresses the background noise and only captures the required sound.
- The microphone box consists of a foldable mic tripod, mini shock mount, and a pop filter.
- The power source of the microphone is corded electrical.
This microphone is a modified version of the SE’s bestselling X1 microphone. The microphone has the highest dynamic range. There are some features that increase the flexibility are available in the microphone. A condenser capsule that is handmade and meticulously constructed by world-class musical technicians. The internal design of the microphone increases the sensitivity of the microphone which makes recording music or voice easier. Along with this, there are some features that are mentioned below:
- The microphone has a high-quality finish which guarantees a good look for years to come. Along with that, there is a gold-plated XLR connector which ensures a loss-free signal connection.
- The world-class construction of the microphone ensures the rejection of electrical interruptions and noises.
- The SPL handling is up to 160dB which reduces the self-noise. Along with that, the attenuation of -10 dB to -20dB pad switches have an extended dynamic range which allows the microphone to be used with the heaviest and loudest instruments.
- The microphone has a low-cut filter which is either 80Hz or 160Hz and can eliminate all the background noise.
- The SE’s X1 microphone was the best microphone for a home studio and this microphone is just the upgraded version of that.
The rode’s microphone is every video streamer’s dream. The microphone enables the video streamer to hold the mic in which every position he or she wants because of the suspension boom scissor the microphone has. The microphone has a foam windscreen which will improve the quality of the audio and will make noise cancellation easy. The microphone has a foam pop filter which is high in density and it also efficiently filters noises. The microphone makes post-production work easy. There are some features the microphone has and they are mentioned below:
- The mic stand of the microphone has dual suspension springs of the boom arm hold the microphone securely so it does not shake or move or drop abruptly. The mic stand of the microphone is sturdy and is of steel.
- The microphone is easy to set up
- The microphone’s mic clip holder will mount the microphone easily and is made of steel.
- The high-density pop filter makes recording reliable by cutting out background noise.
The microphone has a large-diaphragm and a true condenser. The microphone is easy to handle and is ideal for both professional and home recordings. The microphone has a good resolution and an ideal sound quality. The microphone consists of a condenser capsule which makes recording easier. There are some features the microphone has and they are mentioned below:
- The microphone has a 24-carat gold-plated diaphragm which makes the appearance of the microphone attractive.
- There is a capsule that is mounted inside the microphone to minimize the background noises and to only focus on the voices and noises that are required.
- The microphone is suitable for both home and professional studio recordings.
- The recordings made from this microphone are most of the time accurate and reliable as the microphone has a wide diaphragm condenser capsule.
- The design of the microphone is condenser type so this true condenser design makes the recording and post-production easy. Hence because of its design, the microphone is the best condenser microphone for home studio
The Shure’s microphones have been used by presidents and pop idols. Because of the world-class design made by some of the finest technicians the microphone has given some legendary performances. There are some features of the microphone and they are mentioned below:
- The frequency response is modified for better vocals. The proximity effect is controlled by the bass roll-off and brightened midrange.
- The pop filter and spherical wind which is both built-in help in delivering a high-quality sound.
- The frequency response of the microphone is 50 to 15,000 Hz.
- The handling noise is eliminated by the pneumatic shock mount system.
- The microphone uses the infamous uniform cardioid pickup pattern. This pattern isolated the background noise and prioritizes the main sound.
- The Shure microphone has been used by professional singers which makes the microphone the best mic for home studio rap as well as professional rapping.
The microphone has excellent sound quality. It uses a brand-new technology and a frequency range that is high to give a good recording effect. The microphone is able to reduce noise that happens during the cable transmission. The pop filter in this microphone will gradually reduce the breathing or wind or any other unnecessary noise. There are some features the microphone has and they are mentioned below:
- The microphone has a built-in condenser capsule which is 16mm in diameters. Another feature of the microphone is the low-mass diaphragm that is able to provide reliable and transient frequency response.
- The microphone is versatile because of its High-SPL handling capabilities and a dynamic range that is wide. The microphone is suitable for recording sounds, podcasting, and streaming.
- The microphone’s body is made of full metal and the craftsmanship is done by world-class experts. All the material used for making the microphone is of high quality. This material and the design of the microphone will protect it from any damage happening to it.
- The microphone has an XLR interface. Another important feature is the cardioid which eliminates the background noises and focuses only on the sound that is needed.
- XLR is the best microphone for home studio.
- The XLR microphone can deliver exceptional performance and yet it is affordable, so for those who are looking for a good microphone that is within budget then the microphone is for them. XLR’s microphone is the best microphone for home studio.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best cheap mic for studio purposes?
Ans: The cheapest mic for studio purposes is the XLR condenser. The microphone is affordable yet is able to give the best performance.
2. How to make blue snowball sound like a studio mic?
Ans: The following steps for making the blue snowball sound like a studio mic are mentioned below:
- Download the software which will adapt to the sound of your microphone on the fly so you can sound that way while streaming, recording.
- After you are done downloading the software, install and set up the software on your device by making suitable settings.
- The third step after setting up the software would be to load the software’s settings properly.
- The software won’t show the required results if the hardware input and output devices are not configured. The hardware input and output will pick the voice coming from the microphone.
- The last step would be to check the audacity of the software.
Hi, I am William. I am a music enthusiast. I play the guitar and ukulele. I like to try out all instruments and review them, to help others make an informed decision. You must choose the right instrument to get that sweet sound you desire. When I am not on my instruments I will be found reading or cooking.