If you want your music to be the best then you should have the best instruments. The drummer is the backbone of every rock n roll band. They are relied upon by other members to provide a strong beat, and that can be achieved with the best drum kits.
There are so many people out there brimming with potential, just waiting for an opportunity to refine those talents. But not all of them can realize their true potential due to the lack of resources and lack of knowledge. They do not have the equipment to learn and practice the basics of drumming. But do not worry because we have reviewed some of the best drum kits available to help you make an informed decision.
A basic drum set has five pieces that are a bass drum, a floor tom, mounted toms, and a snare drum. Drumming is not just to make someone look cool. It has many other significant advantages. Drumming can reduce stress, and it is an outlet for expressing strong emotions. It also gives your muscles a good cardio workout.
It stimulates your brain and improves your hand-eye coordination. The motor brain areas are significantly changed and seem to be more efficient. When you play, there is a release of endorphins that act as painkillers. So it also helps in reducing the pain.
Best Drum Kits – Buying Guide
There are a few things you should consider before buying a drum set. If you are a beginner then you should factor in the below-mentioned points to make the best decision.
Factors to Look for Best Drum Kits
- Drum size- The size of your drum set depends on the space available to you. If you have a big space to set up the drums in then go for the bigger sizes. The size also depends on the person who is playing. You can’t have a kid playing on the larger sets because they might not be able to reach all the pieces properly. A young one should practice on a smaller drum and get the hang of it first before playing a professional drum set.
- Drum pieces- A beginner-level drum set has five pieces that include a bass drum, a snare drum, and three toms. Some five-piece drum sets also include cymbals. As you get better you can upgrade the drum set to six-piece or even more. The best thing about drums is that even if you start small you can easily upgrade it by adding more pieces.
- Sound-The type of music you want to play depends a lot on the sound of your instrument. Acoustic drums are made from wood, and the type of wood has an impact on the sound. Maple wood creates strong low beats and bright tones. Birch on the other hand has strong high frequencies that create dark tones.
- Hardware- These are the components that come with the drum set. The hardware includes the tom mounts and legs, the cymbal stands, a snare drum stand, the hi-hat stand and its pedal, a pedal for the bass drum, and the drumsticks. Some of the best drum kits also include a throne. All of these hardware items are a must for a starter kit!
Best Drum Kits Reviews
This is a smaller drum set that is best suited for kids. It consists of a 16-inch bass drum, a 12-inch floor tom, a 10-inch and an 8-inch mounted tom, and a 10-inch snare drum. It also includes an 8-inch hi-hat cymbal and a 10-inch crash cymbal. This set is available in three stunning and highly durable metallic finishes. This is a small set, so you do not have to worry about the space. This is the best entry-level drum set for the young ones.
- This is one of the best drum kits for beginners.
- It includes hardware like a mounting stand for the crash cymbal, a bass drum foot pedal, and drumsticks.
- It also comes with a padded throne with adjustable height.
- The mounted toms are adjustable, and you can move them up and down.
- The kit comes with an instruction manual because assembly is required. It will hardly take an hour to assemble.
This set is made for kids, but many professionals praise it for its quality. All the equipment is adjustable. You can loosen and tighten the drums at your convenience. It comes highly recommended by many drummers. It is sturdy and will help you through many hours of practice.
Ludwig is a high-end brand that produces top-quality drum sets. This is a large drum set for adults. It includes a 22-inch bass drum, a 12-inch, and 10-inch mounted toms, a 16-inch floor tom, and a 14-inch snare drum. The set also features a 13-inch hi-hat and a 16-inch crash/ride cymbal. The accent series has upgraded features that provide for a solid foundation. It is made from 9-ply poplar shells of 8mm that produce rich lows and smooth mids.
- The double-braced hardware includes a snare stand, a cymbal stand, a bass pedal, a hi-hat stand, and a throne.
- It also includes the Vic Firth Peter Erskine Big Band Signature Sticks that are made from hickory.
- The whole set can be tuned according to you and it also comes with a drum key.
- This is one of the best drum kits for under $1000.
- All the hardware is geared and locks in place to keep the set from moving.
All the drums are tuneable. It also includes double-braced hardware that is durable. It is an adult-sized drum kit with impeccable sound quality. This kit will give you the best quality on a budget! This is a well-crafted drum set for beginners and intermediate drummers.
This is a top-quality shell pack by DW. It comes in two colors that are cherry stain and satin black. It includes a 22-inch bass drum, a 16-inch floor drum, a 10-inch, and an 8-inch mounted tom, and a 14-inch snare drum with a matching shell. The maple shells have a wide range of tonal spectrum. The sound has punch and warm tones. The snare drum is made from 10-ply HVX shells.
- Each drum has a durable finish and is fitted with high-quality DW heads by Remo.
- The sound is impeccable, and that’s why it is one of the best drum kits for hip-hop.
- The 8-ply tom and kick shell are made from the latest design called HVLT, which provides more depth and tuning range.
- The accurate drum sizing and mount tom system ensure that the drums resonate as intended.
- The hardware is also solid and sturdy.
The snare drum features a MAG throw-off. All drums include a true-pitch tuning rod. The advanced suspension tom mount system ensures that the drums resonate as intended. This drum set is available in three durable lacquer color finishes. The shells are designed to offer more depth and tuning range.
This drum kit comes in a blue sparkle color. It is a five-piece drum set that includes a 22-inch bass drum, a 16-inch floor tom, 2 mounted toms of 10-inch and 12-inch each, and a 14-inch snare drum. It also comes with three cymbals that include a 16-inch crash cymbal, a 20-inch ride cymbal, and a 14-inch hi-hat. The toms are mounted using a ball and socket joint so they can be loosened and moved as required.
- This is a big set, so it comes in two boxes that are shipped separately. Assembly is required.
- This is an advanced set, and it is one of the best drum kits for intermediate players.
- The toms are fitted with Remo’sheads, and the cymbals are by Zildjian.
- A thickly padded throne and a foot pedal for the bass drum are also included.
- The drum is made from triple-flange hoops and keystone lugs. All the drum hardware is double-braced.
The drums are made from 6-ply poplar shells for open tones and even undertones. It is a solid kit for players of any age. The hardware is excellent too. The heads are durable and give the shells the punch they need. The snare drum is coated, which muffles the sound but also gives it the crack that Ludwig is known for!
This is a full-sized five-piece drum set. It includes a 22-inch bass drum, a 16-inch floor tom, 2 mounted toms of 12-inch and 10-inch each and a 14-inch snare drum. It also consists of a 16-inch straight cymbal and a 14-inch hi-hat cymbal. The drums feature 8 layers of horizontal poplar shells that provide high strength and even vibrations. The bass drum rings are made from top-quality iron. It is available in three durable finishes.
- The hardware includes a snare drum set, a hi-hat stand, a cymbal stand, a bass pedal, drumsticks, and an adjustable throne.
- The sound quality is exceptional, and that’s why it is one of the best drum kits on the splice. You can easily record and upload the sample.
- The snare drum has an adjustable knob, and the mounted tom’s angle can be adjusted.
- All the drum parts and other hardware are fully coated.
- The snare drum sounds very good because of the sloped structure.
This product comes with a 12-month warranty. The snare drum features a high-grade white matte skin. The thickness of the skin and the resonance surface are different. All the drums sound excellent. And all the parts are fully plated. This is an adult-sized drum set and is perfect for professionals.
This is a new fusion drum set by Pearl. It is also available in different styles like fusion, jazz, and rock. It comes in four durable finishes. This drum set features 9-ply 7mm poplar shells that provide an optimal tonal range. It comes with a 22-inch bass drum, a 16-inch floor tom, a 10-inch and 12-inch mounted tom, and a 14-inch snare drum. There is also a 16-inch crash cymbal and a 14-inch hybrid hi-hat cymbal included.
- The hardware includes stands for cymbal, hi-hat, and snare drum, tom holders, a bass pedal, maple drumsticks, and a throne.
- It is a professional drum set and is one of the best drum kits for recording.
- The hardware is double-braced and can be locked in place. All the stands are dual-reinforced with adjustable heights and angles.
- The bass drum has a wide enough tuning range to reach low bass frequencies.
- The snare drum captures the loudest accents and the softest ghost notes.
A professional stick bag is also included with this drum set. The drums are made of 1.2mm triple-flanged hoops. The whole set has metal hoops. The bass pedal is chain-driven and features geared locking stands. The mounting hardware and stands are sturdy.
This is a high-performance electronic V-drum set by Roland. It includes a snare pad, 2 pads for toms, one V-pad for floor tom, a V-Hi-Hat, a V-cymbal crash, a V-cymbal ride, and a kick pad. The package includes a drum stand on which all these pads can be fixed. These have the same quality as any acoustic drum set. It produces good-quality sound. The 10-inch snare pad is supported for positional sensing.
- There are many features like a built-in metronome, LED screen, tempo knob, an onboard coach function, and an audio recording system.
- You can play along with your favorite tracks by connecting your smartphone or by inserting a USB stick.
- There is a USB host port that makes it easy to transfer the MIDI data to the DAW software, which makes this one of the best drum kits for logic pro X.
- You can customize the whole kit by adjusting the tuning and muffling. All the changes are saved automatically.
- There are 36 memory kits and two extra input jacks.
You can play privately and silently by connecting headphones. This set features mesh-head pads for a more natural playing experience. It features a built-in audio recording function that lets you record your piece so that you can assess it and share it later. Every tone is accurate, detailed, and ultra-smooth.
Frequently asked questions
Are drums hard to learn?
Drums are no harder than any other instrument. Everything needs practice and utmost dedication. You can probably learn a beat in 30 minutes or so. You can get familiarized with it properly after one year, and you will be able to make new beats. It often takes two years to master the instrument and to get a detailed understanding. It will take 7-8 years of training to become a professional drummer. It usually takes this many years to get a degree and be eligible to teach drums.
Is playing the drums good for you?
Drumming has many benefits and positive effects on people who indulge in it. It is a means to express emotions healthily. Drumming helps people in expressing themselves and face their emotions head-on. Once the thoughts are out of your mind you will be able to see clearer and think better. Many people who struggle with anxiety and depression find a safe abode in music. People who play drums a lot have strong muscles because playing drums is good exercise for the arms.
Hi, I am William. I am a music enthusiast. I play the guitar and ukulele. I like to try out all instruments and review them, to help others make an informed decision. You must choose the right instrument to get that sweet sound you desire. When I am not on my instruments I will be found reading or cooking.