A MIDI keyboard is just like an electronic musical keyboard, it is used to control and carry sound on other devices. A MIDI keyboard is highly popular in the present era since it can perform multiple functions with an amazing audio interface.
It is preferred over a usual keyboard as it helps you to evolve new ideas for creating harmonic and melodious tunes.
Best midi keyboard for Ableton – Buying Guide
Finding the best midi keyboard for Ableton may sound to be an easy task initially. However, there are some important things that you need to keep in mind while finalizing your purchase and hitting the ‘confirm order’ button!
Factors to look for while buying the best midi keyboard for Ableton
For simplifying your shopping procedure, we are here with a list of things that you should keep a note of while ordering your product. They are
- A number of keys in your keyboard- before buying an Ableton midi controller, you need to know how many keys you need in your keyboard. The number of keys in a keyboard can vary from 25-key to 88-key. Smaller midi keyboards help you in carrying the keyboard controller in a small bag pack to anywhere that you want to travel it with!
- Size of the keys- While you are making sure about the number of keys you want, keep a check on the size of the keys as well. Different companies tend to have different sizes of keys. Some keys are narrower than the rest. Select the one, which makes you feel comfortable while playing. If you are looking for Ableton keyboards, do not forget to have the details about the size of the keys, as they are a crucial part of your playing.
- Other specifications- before finalizing your buy, make sure what you want in your Ableton keyboards! Whether you want a controller along with the Ableton midi keyboards, drum pads DAW controllers, or app controllers, you need to list down everything and then go for your buy.
- Do not buy a keyboard with specifications that you do not need at the very moment because this may confuse you and you may end up not learning anything in depth. So, it is advisable to gradually be familiar with the specifications.
- Budget- whether you want to buy groceries, clothes, shoes, or keyboards, one thing that remains common in all these is your budget. Your budget lays down the foundation of your shopping and always, fix a budget before you start surfing something for your buy.
- It will not only help you in finding the product in an easier manner but also save your unnecessary spending at that moment. Also, there are different types of midi keyboards at different ranges with varied specifications. You need to look for them in detail before your final buy. Therefore, without a fail, fix a budget for your purchases!
- Touch sensitivity or weighted action- touch sensitivity and weighted action are the two most important features of a midi controller. Touch-sensitive keyboards play louder or softer notes, according to the pressure of your fingers on the keys.
- Weighted action keyboards are much like the real piano, where you need to put a little force to get sounds out of the keys. If you are looking for a real experience of a piano through a midi controller, then you should definitely go for the weighted action keyboards!
- Device friendly- device friendly indicates that your midi controller can be connected to a tablet or iPad or a computer using either Bluetooth or midi connector. This helps you to choose your notes properly and also aids you in learning quickly.
- There are some exclusive features of the midi controllers that can be used only when connected to a device. Therefore, if you are thinking of going professional with your Ableton midi controller, then check out this feature of it as well!
The best MIDI keyboard for Ableton is what a true music geek desires. There are various MIDI keyboards for Ableton available.
Best Midi Keyboard for Ableton Reviews
The key features of this MIDI keyboard by Akai professional are
- The keyboard delivers its maximum periodic range with octave up and down buttons and 25 velocity-sensitive keys.
- The high-tech 4-way thumbstick provides modulation and dynamic pitch control.
- It comes with a built-in arpeggiator having adjustable range, resolution, and modes.
- The keyboard has an ultra-compact design which is robust and powered by USB.
- It has 8 backlit MPC style pads that are velocity-sensitive.
- Mixing and twigging plugging is better with 8 fully assignable Q link knobs.
- The product is available in black color.
- The dimensions of the product are 8 x 7.1 x 12.5 inches.
This is our recommendation for the best midi keyboard for Ableton.
The popular key features of this midi keyboard by Alesis are
- It comes with 49 full-sized velocity keys having a square front, ideal for playing virtual instruments.
- Clip launching and beat production is done with 8 pressure and velocity-sensitive backlit pads.
- It comes with 4 assignable button interface and 4 assignable knobs for music software.
- Full keyboard ranged is easily accessed with octave up and down buttons.
- Expressive and creative control is delivered by pitch and modulation wheels.
- The dimensions of the product are 6 x 37.6 x 4.53 inches.
The key features of this amazing midi keyboard by M-Audio are
- It comes with 49 full-sized keys that are velocity-sensitive and have synth action.
- The onboard pitch and modulation wheel are provided for expressive and vibrant performances.
- Clip launching and beat production is done with 8 velocity-sensitive trigger pads.
- Virtual instruments can be easily manipulated with 9 assignable faders and 8 assignable knobs.
- Instant parameter feedback is provided with plugging and DAW parameters on boards LCD screens.
- The Daw is efficiently controlled with the help of transport buttons.
- The full melodic range is achieved with octave up and down buttons.
- The dimensions of the product are 9.6 x 32 x 3.7 inches.
This amazing product by Novation comes with the following key features
- It comes with 49 note controllers for a keyboard.
- The keyboard has 16 RGB pads that are velocity-sensitive.
- It has effective control and navigation buttons.
- It contains 16 velocity-sensitive keypads along with 8 knobs and efficient control and navigation buttons.
- The keyboard is fully USB powered and is class compliant.
- The product has inbuilt software for MAC and PC.
- The dimensions of the product are 5 x 3.5 x 10.6 inches.
The key features of this popular product by Photo Savings are
- This high-tech keyboard comes with 61 velocity-sensitive keys.
- The product includes 8 pressure and touches sensitive pads, 9 encoders, and 9 faders.
- It brings 5000 synth sounds with Ableton Live Lite, Analog Lab Software, and UVI Plan Model D.
- It has MCU and HI protocols to control your DAW software on any platform.
- Its creativity enhances with modulation and pitches bend wheel, 4 command switches, and 6 transport switches.
- It is one of the best midi keyboard for Ableton.
- The keyboard can be split or layered for creating awesome sounds.
- The accessory bundle includes 5 MIDI cables, a Fibertique cloth, and a switch-type universal keyboard with a sustain pedal.
- The dimensions of the product are 8 x 17.5 x 9.5 inches.
The key features of this amazing keyboard by Akai Professional are
- The product comes with 25 semi-weighted keys keyboard with aftertouch.
- The keyboard has 4 amazing touch faders giving hands-on expressiveness.
- It has Akai Connect software which automatically tunes in to VSR instruments and plugins.
- It comes with 64 assignable pads along with buttons and faders.
- The product includes 4 fader banks and 4 pad banks.
- It has an expanded arpeggiator and a built-in step sequencer.
- It comes with HUI modes and Mackie Control for controlling any MIDI instruments for a certain period.
- The dimensions of the product are 1 x 13 x 3.2 inches.
This phenomenal product by Korg comes with the following key features
- This keyboard comes with a compact design and hence is highly portable.
- This product is USB compatible and is easy to operate.
- It can be connected to iPhone, iPad, and Mac wirelessly.
- The keyboard can be split or layered for creating awesome sounds.
- The dimensions of the product are 8 x 8.5 x 6 inches.
The key features of this desirable product by M-Audio are
- It comes with 25 action keyboard keys that are velocity-sensitive and have an aftertouch.
- All the controllers are fully programmable making them easy to operate.
- The current controller setting could be transported with the help of a snapshot function.
- It comes with a built-in interface for USD MIDI.
- The product includes Ableton music software for the right music.
- The dimensions of the product are 5 x 14.2 x 5.1 inches.
When talking about the best Ableton controller, there is no chance we could miss the Native Instruments KompleteKontrol S49 Mk2 from the list! There are products of different ranges with different specifications, but this one is a premium product that justifies its price.
This impressive piece of hardware offers a dual-screen display, which is the very first place where your attention would be stuck! It has a 49-key version keyboard that uses a semi-weighted system of keys, which is very much the second reason for your attention to be here!
The display screen lets the player control the sounds to produce quality music and along with it, the various buttons and knobs present in the best midi keyboard for Ableton, lets you use different features, thus giving you a wireless experience in music!
The different scales and chords of the keyboard make it really easy and cool while producing music. With an impressive bed of keys, beautiful and colorful display screens, and an abundance of features, this piece is no less than the best midi keyboard for Ableton!
Packed with a variety of features, specifications, and buttons, this keyboard is surprisingly easy to operate and definitely not complicated! Once you know what button does what, you will be as fluent with the keyboard as any professional!
- It has double display screens that allow you to control sounds and produce the best quality music.
- It offers a lot of specifications and features that justify the price of the product.
- It is one of the best midi keyboards for Ableton.
- The scales and chords of the keyboard make it music impressive and serene.
- It is extremely easy to operate, in spite of having so many buttons and knobs.
A truly midi seaboard that revolutionized the music community by the introduction of this piece of the best midi keyboard for Ableton! Every feature is a plus point in this keyboard. It is time to dig deep into its specifications!
Whether it is the eccentric design of the keyboard or the scales and chord of the keyboard, everything is worth mentioning! This keyboard brings with it innovative playing styles with smooth and wide pitch bends and glides. Along with that, it offers a real-time manipulation that lets you wiggle your fingers to produce an effect of vibration! The keys are of perfect size and weight, sensitive, versatile, and express the right kind of sound without any hassle. The quality of the keyboard is long-lasting durable and the best part is, it comes with a Bluetooth connectivity feature!
Without arguing much on this, the ROLI Seaboard Rise 49 Keywave Controller Keyboard is the best midi keyboard for Ableton that any professional or a learner can get their hands on! With no hi-tech features, it is the perfect keyboard to start your playing lessons!
- The touchpad dynamics is the main attraction of the product, which produces supreme quality music.
- It comes with a Bluetooth connectivity feature, which will allow the player to connect through Bluetooth to learn to play any specific music.
- The scales, chords, and keys of the keyboard are smooth.
- The size and weight of the keys are perfect for any starter or a professional player.
The best MIDI keyboard for Ableton is all you need for an above the world experience. It will give you all the desired benefits required for a successful music session.
The above-mentioned best midi keyboard for Ableton comes with the best customer reviews and an extended guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you use a midi keyboard with Ableton?
Yes, you can use your midi keyboard with Ableton by following some easy steps. For that, you need to make sure that your midi keyboard is connected to the computer. Once the computer recognizes your keyboard device and it is connected, you can use the Ableton in a hassle-free manner.
Do you need a midi keyboard for Ableton?
You do not need a midi keyboard for Ableton. However, it would be better to have one to understand the settings of Ableton in a better way. The midi keyboard tends to give a human touch to the music that you are composing!
Which midi keyboard has the best keys?
The midi keyboard having the best keys are been listed above in the article. However, the best midi keyboard for Ableton has the best set of keys. Whether it is their size of the keys, weight, or the scale and sound of it, everything is worth mentioning.
What’s the best midi keyboard controller?
A list of the best midi keyboard controller are been listed in the article. While some of the midi keyboard controllers have certain features, the others may not have them. The best one, according to you, should be the one that fits and suits all your needs and specifications. The midi keyboard controller that you will get within your budget with all the required features will no doubt be the best one for you!
Can you use a normal keyboard as a midi controller?
Yes, you can use a normal keyboard as a midi controller but make sure that you have a midi interface. The keyboard will still work as a midi controller even if it is old. All you need to do is connect it to the midi interface and start working. The real advantage of a midi controller is that it is great for any type of music production.
What’s the best midi controller for beginners?
The top best midi controllers listed in the article are all a great suit for beginners! A beginner needs a special focus on the number of keys along with the size and weight of the keys. The other special features come later on a gradual process. The listed midi controllers are the best picks for beginners, who are ready to start their careers in this, and also, for professionals, who are already into this.