Music is something without which life seems a little incomplete. The instruments used are great in their own way and one such instrument is a guitar. The guitar is something which has to be played with great attention for the perfect music. If coming to guitar players, we all know how difficult it can get to play the guitar without the pick. The guitar pick is quite important and hence one must make sure to choose the best one for themselves simply because a good one means great music.
The quality of a guitar pick matters a lot and is responsible for the kind of music produced while playing.These are a necessity for professional players as they can ease up a lot of work.A number of factors are responsible for the quality and of course, one can’t rely on fingernails forever! If you’re wondering where to find the best guitar picks, then you are at the right place. But of course there a few things to be kept in mind before making your final decision.
Factors to look for while buying the best guitar picks:-
- Choose the right type: There are many different types of guitar picks which vary in shape, thickness and the material used. These all have a different tone with different guitars. So, it’s better to do your part of research before choosing one.
- The hardness of the picks: Usually hard picks add stiffness to your music which won’t be much liked by the audience. Soft picks which are hard as well are considered better as they are soft to the strings.
- Grip: You won’t be able to play properly if your pick is slippery or your hands sweat too often while playing. Before buying, you should make sure that the pick has an easy grip.
- Durability: Usually, these don’t last much longer if not of good quality. The durability is an important factor which must not be ignored while buying one.
- Tone: Many factors may affect the tone of the guitar. Some picks produce a warm and mellow tone while some may end up making the tone stiffer. The tone must be bright so that the audience enjoys it.
Some of the most popular guitar picks are listed below which you might want to go through.
JIM Dunlop guitar picks are available in packs of 12, 36 and 72 so that the user can choose according to their needs. Moreover, the packs have the same color guitar picks and a variety of color options to choose from is available. One can also choose which size suits you the best and the same is available in various sizes.
- The size varies from 0.60 mm to 1.14 mm.
- It is available in six different colors and also offers minimum wear.
- It is made of Tortex material which is believed the best for guitar picks.
- It is used by great musicians from around the world including Dave Mathews!
- It allows good grip helping you play better.
- With great texture, these come with the aim of making your music better.
It is another name one can trust when it comes to the best guitar picks available online because of its great money value. These medium picks are perfect for electric and acoustic guitars. It comes with a unique style and has its own different features.
- They come in various different colors which can match your guitar.
- Each pick usually weighs 0.8 ounces making it easy to use.
- It is available in various sizes too. The medium size being of the dimensions 1.7 × 0.1 ×1 inches.
- These also have the traditional feel of celluloid.
- A pack of 12 picks is available which will help you last longer.
- It is suitable for all kinds of guitars and even electric guitars.
- Even for beginners, it is easy to use because of its easy grip and structure.
This set is ideal for anyone who is interested in working with all kinds of guitar picks. This set includes picks of various kinds, colors, and weights. These are styled keeping in mind the comfort of the guitar player. These come with a rounded tip and wide-body.
- The set includes 6 Dura picks and 6 Celluloid Picks.
- It is a mixture of extra thin to heavy gauges.
- The colors are also great in this set offering 8 different color options.
- The gauges available are of different thickness including 0.50 mm, 0.60 mm, 0.73 mm, and 0.88mm.
- The weight of the picks is 0.32 ounces.
- They are one of the greatest hits when it comes to providing a warm, fat tone with great durability.
This one is another well-known name in the industry because it has received great reviews from around the world. One of the greatest things about this one is that they use great quality celluloid which is proven as one of the greatest materials for making guitar picks. Like others, it is available in a set. The set is of 25 picks which are different in their own way.
- The dimensions of each gauge are 3 × 1.5 × 0.5 inches.
- The set includes three different pearl colors which are visually appealing.
- The pack includes 8 light, 9 medium and 8 heavy picks.
- These are available in sets of 10, 25 and 100 which will surely help you last longer.
- These are specially designed with the motive to minimize wastage and to protect the environment.
- This set is quite affordable and the quality offered at the same price is quite reasonable too.
- One of the best thing about these picks is that these will feel extremely comfortable in your hands helping you play better.
Unlike other brands, Vincent Van Gogh guitar picks are designed in a unique. In this set, you will get impressionist art prints on the picks. These are colorful and attractive picks. One of the best thing about these is that you can use them as a perfect gift for your guitar lover friend. You can know more about this set by reading the following.
- 2 × 4.2 × 0 is the dimensions of the picks in this set.
- It weighs a perfect 0.32 ounces making it easier for the guitar players.
- The thickness of these picks is 0.71 mm which comes under the medium category.
- The set includes 12 picks with 6 impressions featuring famous art designs.
- Starry Night, Starry night over the Rhones, Cafe Terrace, The Bedroom, Sunflowers, and, Irises are the impressions included in the set.
- It also comes with a 60 Day Risk-free purchase guarantee which isn’t offered by most of the brands.
- They also provide a unique, natural and warm tone while playing.
Pick Geek Guitar picks set is the ideal one for any guitar lover. It offers a mixture of different types of picks which can help you play all types of guitars. These are presented to you in a metal box which keeps them safe from any wear. Also, this box can fit in your guitar case easily so that you don’t forget your picks!
- The set includes 18 picks of five different shapes, trendy colors and different materials.
- The product dimensions are 2.2 × 2.2 × 0.8 inches.
- These are available in 3 classic colors which never go out of fashion.
- With a five year guarantee and free replacement, what more a customer needs?
- Shark fin, Triangle, Pentagon, Tear Drop, and Steel are the various shapes offered in this box.
- These are made with the best quality of celluloid and Delrin.
Dunlop PVP 102 Pick Variety Pack consists of a variety of 12 different picks. It includes medium/heavy picks which can be used by any guitar player. These are highly comfortable ones and following are some more details about these.
- The dimensions of the picks are 2× 4 × 0.3 inches.
- These picks usually weigh 0.32 ounces.
- The package consists of Tortex, Ultex Sharp, Heavy Celluloid, and more well-known products by the company.
- It also includes a variety of sizes and textures which are of great quality.
- This widely recognized company offers just the best quality every player looks for.
The best guitar picks can help one out in a great way if used correctly. Of course one should make sure that the picks are of good quality. These can also help in learning a little quicker for beginners as these are great for learning a few styles quicker. They offer a great deal of comfort too as playing with fingers can be a little tiring.
These are quite attractive too because of the bright colors they are manufactured in. Also known as plectrums, these are manufactured by many companies. For storing your guitar picks, you can go for containers which can prevent losing them. Many different materials are used for making these but whichever you go for, it must be made sure that the tone is bright.
One of the best things about these is that they are quite affordable and can be bought in sets. The sets offer better value for money as compared to individual picks. Another amazing thing is that these picks can be customized too.
Nowadays, many companies offer customization of picks in a very simple process. Practicing with these can help in increasing speed which is important in complex music. You can find these easily online and that too in a wide variety. Hoping that you make a great choice and love your new guitar picks. Also, do make sure to choose a brand which is recognized and offers great quality.
Frequently Asked Questions regarding the best guitar picks(FAQs)
Ques. 1 – Why are guitar picks important?
Ans. – Guitar Picks are a great help when it comes to playing different styles of music as some styles sound much better with a pick. With a guitar pick, one can play in a different way. Moreover, one can get accurate control over the strings if this is used while playing. With steel strings, it can help you play much better.
Ques. 2 –Which guitar picks are the best?
Ans. –These are of various widths but all of them have a different effect while playing on different guitars. Hence, it is important to know which one goes the best with which guitar. Extra thin and thin picks go well with acoustic guitars. Beginners usually go for medium picks because it is a good choice to go for. Heavy and extra heavy guitar picks go well for electric guitars.
Ques. 3 –What factors to consider while choosing a guitar pick?
Ans. – While choosing a guitar pick, it should be made sure that you go for a pear-shaped guitar pick because they help in getting a good grip and are great while playing too. These are available in many designs and styles which can help the guitarist choose. Do make sure to check the material used for making these. One more thing to be kept in mind is the durability of the picks.
Ques. 4 –What are the different materials from which the best guitar picks are made?
Ans. – Guitar picks are made of various materials which can affect its durability. It’s wear also depends on the usage by the player. Lightweight picks are usually made of nylon. Celluloid is another material used for making picks which are usually considered one of the best because it wears slowly. Delrin gives almost the same feel like that of a tortoiseshell.