The violin is amongst those few elegant musical instruments which creates a completely different ambiance. Learning to play the violin is difficult yet yielding task. We can now do that with the help of various books that are available in the market. There are many best violin books for beginners written by professional violinists, available in the market. One can learn to play the instrument easily using these books while sitting in their homes.
There are various violin books for beginners available online. If one desires to learn the violin then he can go for these books. He/She can learn to play the instrument without going anywhere.
The best violin books for beginners provides basic knowledge of the instrument to the learner. We have to keep in mind various essential things while learning the violin. The violin books for amateurs include all the information into them.
Factors to look for while buying the best violin books for beginners
You cannot just buy any violin book. There are a lot of factors that we need to keep in mind while buying violin books for amateurs. Especially when you are commencing to play a new instrument like the violin you need to clear all the concepts concerning the instrument. The clarity of concepts helps in a better understanding of the instrument and the notes.
- Easy to understand: The most important factor we need to keep in mind while buying violin books is that they should be easy to understand. The book should not contain any professional language. If it does then it should make sure to mention the meaning of the language as well. For a beginner, who wants to learn to play the violin, he must understand it with clarity.
- Inform about the parts of the violin: Another important quality to look for in the ideal violin book for beginners is that it begins with the basics of the violin. The best violin books for beginners must contain information about the parts of the violin and what it is made up of. If you want to play an instrument, you must know about all the parts of that instrument as well.
- Include information regarding the tuning of a violin: The violin book must include information on how to tune a violin. Tuning a violin is the first step in playing the violin. The of the violin strictly depends upon whether the violin is tuned properly or not.
- Should teach about hand positioning and finger placement: Opt for a book that instructs about the hand positioning and finger placement (on the stings) while playing the violin. The violin is amongst those instruments that require precise hand positioning while playing.
- Begins with the primary notes: While going for a violin book, prefer a book that begins with the basic violin notes and how they are played. The book should contain tasks regarding the notes to train upon.
- Incorporate exercises: While looking for a book to learn to play the violin from, one must prefer a book that covers practice exercises in it. These exercise helps the individual to test and assess himself/herself and experience where he/she stands.
Here’s a list of the Best Violin books, that you can consider:
Play violin today: A complete guide to the basics level 1
This book is the ultimate guide for learners who want to learn the violin. The book is designed in such a way, that beginners can easily learn from it without need for a tutor.
- This book contains 86 professional quality, demo music tracks to play.
- It guides about the basics of the violin which is a must in violin learning.
- This book also covers over 70 song covers.
- It coaches the violinist about finger placement.
- It is written in such a way, that it provides an easy understanding of the violin
Learning the violin, book one
The best violin books for beginners are an introductory guide for beginners to learn to play the violin. Mainly for those who get difficulty in following violin notes.
- The book is easy to read and follow.
- It comprises several tunes with primary finger numbers that make it helpful for the beginners.
- Helpful for more junior beginners. Young students often have difficulty understanding the notes. This book provides an ease to them.
- Clears primary concepts that ultimately helps in a better understanding of the scales.
Violin hymns for beginners
This is a book for those newcomers who are interested in playing hymns on the violin. It contains simple hymns for beginners to play. Beginners can easily understand the tones and play the hymns accordingly.
- The book consists of 24 hymns in total.
- It is written in easy key language so that amateurs can understand easily.
- This book contains easy hymns to play on the violin.
Violin note speller
The best violin books for beginners are the best for those who face problems in learning notes and want to have a better understanding of the notes. It includes notes in easy language, specially designed for beginners.
- It provides help in reading and understanding the notes effortlessly.
- Makes it easy for beginners to learn finger positioning. The book describes the concepts of finger positioning in simple words.
- The language used in the book is very easy so that people can understand the phrases of the instrument.
- This book is the ultimate guide to violin sheets.
Old-time Fiddle for the complete ignoramus
This book is the best violin book that one can have if they are trying to learn to play the violin. It explains everything so smoothly in the book that anyone can learn the basics of the violin.
- The book provides an easy understanding of the concepts and the notes to the reader.
- It arrives with a CD to learn from. CD provides audio that helps in better understanding.
- It contains various tunes to practice on the violin.
- It is one of the best violin books for beginners.
Violin for dummies
This is one of the best books for the violin that one can have. One can easily learn to play the violin, even if he has never encountered it before. It covers all the basics of the violin which helps you on every step.
- This book teaches the basics of violin playing to the reader.
- It also helps in learning to tune a violin properly. The right tuning of a violin is very important to play the violin properly.
- Coaches about finger placement and hand positioning while playing the violin.
- It begins with basic notes so that the beginners can easily catchup.
- Contain exercises to practice and evaluate themselves.
- The book is self-explanatory. There is no need for a tutor to understand the content of the book.
Essential elements for strings
This book is very useful for students who are beginning to learn the violin. It also includes Essential elements interactive (EEA). You get a mentor online with the book who can help you with your lessons.
- Contain various exercises. Exercises are very important when you are beginning to play an instrument as they help in examining yourself and understanding what is your level.
- Understandable language. Easy language is used to make it simple and smooth for the newcomers to understand.
- This book provides access to Essential Elements interactive.
- It keeps the young newcomers in mind.
- It is one of the best violin books for beginners.
Now, you have the impression of the best violin books for beginners. You know the factors to keep in mind before purchasing a violin book. Now, you can easily learn how to play the violin at home without going anywhere using the best violin books for beginners. You can learn all the basics that are obligated to be a violinist with these books and can play any melody.
Choose the best violin book for yourself according to your preferences and gift yourself with the fresh new talent.
Frequently asked questions
Can I learn the violin myself?
Yes, you can learn to play the basics of violin yourself without an instructor. There are various books accessible in the market for beginners that help the reader to learn the basics of the violin. Once you have learned the basics of the violin, then you can read the notes available in the books and play the coveted tunes easily.
Are there books available to learn the violin?
Yes, there is a whole variety of books available that can help you to learn how to play the violin. These books contain the basics of violin, song notes, finger placement guide, and so on. These books are available on a variety of scales from beginners to advance. A person can buy the book according to his/her level.
Is it easy to read through violin books?
If you select the books to learn from according to your level, then you can easily understand the content of the books. There are various violin books for beginners available in the market. The best violin books for beginners are easy to understand and to learn from. They are specially designed for beginners. So, they are written in easy and understandable language.
Are books for the violin cost-effective?
Yes, violin books are very pocket friendly and are often available at great deals online. One can easily buy these books at a great price online.
What is the ideal age to learn the violin?
There is no ideal age to learn something and similarly, in this case, there is no ideal age to learn the violin. One can learn to play it at any age. Be it a child or a senior citizen, anyone can learn to play the violin. Learning this new skill will take time but anyone can learn it if they are dedicated enough.
Is the violin the most troublesome instrument?
Yes, the violin is one of the hardest string instruments to learn but anyone can learn to play it if they have the will to learn.